No announcement yet.

Ontama: Onpu-tou Hen [DS/JP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i can do a menu translation for you.

Give us an hour or 2 & i'll knock you one up.

I'll include the stuff that unlocks & how to obtain it & what it does (from what i can remember.

Comment

Am I right in saying this game has music by 80★Pan? I'm a right sucker for that kind of JPop and have a soft spot for 80★Pan, though no idea what songs are meant to be in this one.

Comment

Translation

On the main title screen are the following modes.....

At the very bottom left hand corner is a pink button with せいとん on it, if you press it. It will sort your options back into order as they move round if you leave them alone for too long.

Anyway.................

ストーリー Story (Light blue)

In story theres 3 options

はじめから New game
        つづきから Continue
        もどる Back

If you select New game 4 options appear

イージー Easy
        ノーマル Normal
        ハード Hard
        もどる Back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

オプション Option (green)

アイテムせってい Item settings
        データしょきか Save data erase. はい Yes いいえ No
        もどる Back

The item settings change the appearance of your game but so far i havent seen any in the shop to buy, but i still have hard mode to clear & the remaining shop items to buy out.

Heres the options in item settings

All are on normal but as you buy the new items you can toggle them by clicking on the 4 blocks next to the setting.

おんたま Ontama
        おんぶ Music Notes
        スティック Stick (i think it means the note bar)
        ライン Line

つうしん Connect (Yellow)

Lets you download a 1 level demo to another DS.

フリープレイ Free play (Orange)

If i remember correctly this option unlocks after you have cleared a few stages. This mode allows you to play any of the songs you have cleared in story mode. You can select difficulty of the song from the 3 options on the left hand side of the screen, but you need to have completed that song on the particular difficulty in story mode.

Clearing a song in free play unlocks 2 items to buy for that song from the shop (i'll explain these when i get to the shop section)

On the top right hand corner of the screen is a button in orange that lets you select items to toggle on & off from the items you buy in the shop.

チュートリアル Tutorial (Red)

Pretty self explanatory i think (^_^)

チヤレンジ Challenge (Dark blue)

This mode unlocks after clearing story mode (i did it on normal but im guessing easy will unlock it too)

In this mode you can select 3 courses where you have to play 4 songs back to back.

こうかんじょ Shop (Purple)

This unlocks after clearing a few stages, Not all items will be available from the start. some are unlocked by completing the game in story mode, some are unlocked by buying an item from the shop & some are unlocked by clearing songs in freeplay mode

At the top of the shop screen there will (eventually) be 4 buttons

(From left to right)

ついかきょく Secret songs
        システム System
        セミオート1 Semi auto 1
        セミオート 2 Semi auto 2

ついかきょく Secret songs

Theres 4 songs to buy & they cost 3000op each, as you buy one the next one will unlock to be available to buy. These songs can only be played in freeplay mode.

システム System

These icons permanantly change the rules of the game once bought. Theres 4 kinds of icons so far.

ブレス Breath, this icon lets you temporarily fill in all you notes so you don't have to worry about tapping the ontama when a lot suddenly appear at once. To activate you blow into the mic, you get 3 to start off with & they are the small blue spheres just under the note bar. The 2 icons in the shop add extra breath spheres to your bar.
        ブレス LV.1 300op
        ブレス MAX 500op

ライン Line, This icon gives your stylus extra line length to circle ontama. At first you can only surround small groups of ontama or your line will break but these upgrades let you make bigger circles.
        ライン LV.1 300op
        ライン LV.2 500op
        ライン LV.3 800op
        ライン LV.4 1000op
        ライン MAX 1500op

らくちんスタート Rakuchin start affects your performance guage but i can't remember how. It either starts you off with a higher rating or it goes down slower when you miss a note

へいにこい Heinikoi same as above i can quite remember what this one does, im pretty sure it lets you fail one stage & still allows you to continue to the next one without a game over.

I may have gotten those 2 the wrong way round so if someone wants to test it out id be grateful as once you by them you cant turn them off.

セミオート1 Semi auto 1

These are very helpful icons. The semi auto 1 icons automatically play the ontama so you can concentrate on playing the notes. These unlock by playing the songs in freeplay mode, so if you play song 1 then the semi auto 1&2 icons for song 1 will unlock.

セミオート2 Semi auto 2

These are exactly the same as the ones above but they control the notes automatically instead so you can touch the ontama without worrying about the notes.

To use the semi auto icons, in freeplay mode, bring the icon row up by pressing the top right corner button on the screen then if you have bought them for that particular song there will be a little arrow on the right hand purple box that you can press. You can toggle either 1 or 2 or normal but you cant have both on at once as that would be cheating hehe.

& thats pretty much it until i find out how to unlock the last secret song & those other shop items.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
          Am I right in saying this game has music by 80★Pan? I'm a right sucker for that kind of JPop and have a soft spot for 80★Pan, though no idea what songs are meant to be in this one.
          Theres 2 secret songs in the game by 80★Pan but i cant read the kanji but one of them has shining in the title

Comment

Kitachi Shining, that's their new single.

Comment

Its a pretty good song (^_^)

Comment

Yeah liking the game, i managed to get through story mode without useing the blue breath tokens (i didn't know they were there) but the last song is rock hard.

Comment

Wait till you try hard mode, even the first song is evil.

God knows how they expect you to keep your eyes on both parts of the screen LOL

Comment

Got the game today, so far it's great. BTW, is there any difference between blue & red (boy & girl?)?

Comment

Not much difference, apart from the first song is different but you hear all the songs regardless of character.

Comment

I just got Custom Beat Battle today, so I'm not really after another rhythm action game (especially since I haven't even finished either of the 2 Ouendan's yet, lol). I wanted to get Taiko no Tatsujin, so what would you guys reccommend out of Ontama or Taiko?
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Taiko definately

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Taiko definately
                            Agreed Taiko has so much more going for it over Ontama. I would only get Ontama at the right price (less than ?15) where as i feel like Taiko is good value at full whack, gotta love the two drum stick stylus.

Comment

Working...
                            X