No announcement yet.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know if you can use a USA save with the JPN game to get the decaps back?
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Nope Tried the same with Pal m8 ontop of that and its disc cut.

Comment

Excuse the bumpage!

I made the mistake recently of stopping playing through this when Uncharted 2 came, now I'm trying to get back into it and I'm struggling. Let me quantify that by saying that this is my third attempt to get through this game in various guises.

I started playing a few weeks ago and struggled through the first few missions, but after about chapter 5 or 6 it started to click a little and I honestly at that point thought I might see it through to the end. But, as I said, U2 came in the meantime and so I'm having to get back into this, and I'm struggling.

What I want to know is this: I'm in chapter 12 at the moment (I'd guess somewhere in the middle, I'm at the fight with the two worms in the aqueduct) and I think there are 19 overall. Roughly how far am I through the game? Are there any particularly awesome bits I should look forward to (Without spoiling it obviously). To give some context, I really don't think I've enjoyed ANY of the boss battles so far (Is it actually possible to navigate past their attacks effectively (I'm thinking mainly of the bullet firing bosses here)) - but I do enjoy the normal skirmishes with 'grunt' type enemies and demons.

If I can expect nothing more than boss after boss (Which the last couple of chapters in particular seem to have been heavy on) then I might well pass. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
          Excuse the bumpage!

I made the mistake recently of stopping playing through this when Uncharted 2 came, now I'm trying to get back into it and I'm struggling. Let me quantify that by saying that this is my third attempt to get through this game in various guises.

I started playing a few weeks ago and struggled through the first few missions, but after about chapter 5 or 6 it started to click a little and I honestly at that point thought I might see it through to the end. But, as I said, U2 came in the meantime and so I'm having to get back into this, and I'm struggling.

What I want to know is this: I'm in chapter 12 at the moment (I'd guess somewhere in the middle, I'm at the fight with the two worms in the aqueduct) and I think there are 19 overall. Roughly how far am I through the game? Are there any particularly awesome bits I should look forward to (Without spoiling it obviously). To give some context, I really don't think I've enjoyed ANY of the boss battles so far (Is it actually possible to navigate past their attacks effectively (I'm thinking mainly of the bullet firing bosses here)) - but I do enjoy the normal skirmishes with 'grunt' type enemies and demons.

If I can expect nothing more than boss after boss (Which the last couple of chapters in particular seem to have been heavy on) then I might well pass. Again.
          You will get another set of worms not much sooner after that. Like you said there is 19 chapters in all, you really don't have that much to go. As for a strategy against the worms, you can avoid their attacks quite easily, just dodge them when they swing themselves on the floor, or when they come straight out at you. Then dish out damage using the Dabilahro. Its also a great weapon to use on the red shortarse dragons, a single combo with it kills them instantly.

Best advice i can give you for anything else is to block & dodge. Wait for the right moment to unleash bitter sweet punishment. Really, just experiment with all the different weapons, most weapons are better at certain types of enemies.

Comment

I haven't touched any weapons other than the Dragon Blades so far, I'm obviously missing out then?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
              I haven't touched any weapons other than the Dragon Blades so far, I'm obviously missing out then?
              Yes, very much so. If i had to pick a standard blade weapon to use constantly, i would pick the Dragon Claw & Tiger Fang, it has a good in the air easy finisher. From the floor, Square, Triangle, Square, Square, Square. Also the Izuna Drop should be mandatory to learn too, which you can buy from Muramasa if you missed it.

Comment

At least that gives me something different to try. I do have quite a few other weapons (And the Izuna Drop) I've just been sticking to what I know, because I'm not terribly good at the game.

Comment

My only gripe with the original game & sigma is that you have to go into the pause menu to switch weapons. So, it becomes a bit of a chore sometimes.

The easiest weapon i would suggest to try out on is the Lunar Staff. It might turn the game into a bore though, well it does for me especially on NG2.

Comment

Working...
                  X