• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ono
    INITIAL IMPRESSIONS:

Good Points:
    Fast
    Furious
    Easy to Navigate - mostly English menus.
    Handling spot on.
    Loads and loads of ships on screen in races.
    Great presentation.

Bad points:
    Pop-up (or at least a noticable fade-in of scenery) on the forest levels.
    Graphics nowhere near as good as screenshots seem to indicate.
    Music not very catchy.
    Have you played the multiplayer yet? Is it as bad as people have been making out with regards to details being dropped (i.e. the Sand Track has nothing but a desert, Big Blue has nothing but an Ocean etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Strafe
      Mr ONO, what packing option did you use from Play-Asia? I need to find out if mine will turn up today!
      Bog standard airmail jiffy bag option.
      Bah, I used ems and mine hasn't turned up yet, should have been here yesterday. Damn parcelfarce and their kind.

Comment

Mine turned up today!

The music sucks and there is some slight pop-up.

Apart from that...

Won 15 race points by winning 1st place on every race of the Ruby Cup. So I went and bought the Twin Noritta from the shop. It only cost 12 points too! Bargain!

Making a time attack thread at the challenges forum now...

**** - 9 hours of work before I can play again. ft: ft: ft:

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
          For those of you who can't wait, I would imagine these guys could get it to you in a day or so.

Not used them myself, but according to their website, it's shipping now.
          Just placed an order from there myself. Its costing me ?60 but he says i'm definitely gonna get it tommorow.

I've got a second copy coming from Tokuda too, so i may have one for sale in the next 3 or 4 days.

Comment

Woooo... my copy is sitting here right in front of me

Sadly I'm at work and will have to wait until tonight to play! ft:

Seeing as you have the game playing Mr Ono (whenever you get back!), what are the options when pausing the game and doing multiplayer? I'd translate it myself when I get home but I can't be arsed currently
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Mine turned up today!
              F**kin 'ell....what time??? Our postie never delivers anything that's recorded or special delivery before 10.30am, and standard post comes at about 12pm.....

Btw, can we have some comparison impressions to F Zero X? Is it the same game tarted up and with different tracks?

Comment

Originally posted by vic_viper
                Originally posted by Bleeders
                For those of you who can't wait, I would imagine these guys could get it to you in a day or so.

Not used them myself, but according to their website, it's shipping now.
                Just placed an order from there myself. Its costing me ?60 but he says i'm definitely gonna get it tommorow.

I've got a second copy coming from Tokuda too, so i may have one for sale in the next 3 or 4 days.
                Argh. I have two copies on the way too, but I am seriously tempted to buy one just so I can play over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                  Mine turned up today!
                  F**kin 'ell....what time??? Our postie never delivers anything that's recorded or special delivery before 10.30am, and standard post comes at about 12pm.....
                  same here *hopes*. I'm at work though, arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                    Mine turned up today!

Btw, can we have some comparison impressions to F Zero X? Is it the same game tarted up and with different tracks?
                    8:10am

Just had one do on time attack mode...

It seems like a different game - plays smoother from what I can tell so far - although the energy refuellers fill your energy back up 5x faster this time.

Aeropolis is gorgeous!!

Comment

Postie down our road is normally delivering between 7:30am and 8am so I got mine before I left for work this morning... read the manual on the train

Think I'll leave the AX card in the wrap, 99.9% chance of never using it properly.

Still it's fairly obvious where the 10 AX racers will go on the selection menu. Roll on Datel codes to unlock them hopefully!
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Strafe
                        Mr ONO, what packing option did you use from Play-Asia? I need to find out if mine will turn up today!
                        Bog standard airmail jiffy bag option.
                        ACE...

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                          It only cost 12 points too! Bargain!
                          Best 12 points ever spent

Comment

bah why did the pop up never show up in the videos? Do you reckon the sneaks were always really showing the AX version?

Comment

So in the end you are all graphics whores...how dissapointing, oh how dissapointing.

Comment

Bugger iv only just got round to ordering it. Should have it within 3 days though.

Comment

Working...
                                X