Riviera: The Promised Land (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riviera: The Promised Land (PSP)

I'm was a big fan of the original Riviera on the GBA (the first play thread for that is here) and as it is one of the few RPGs I've completed in recent years I thought I'd pick up the slightly remixed full voice edition on the PSP to see if was still as good as I remember it. The artwork still looks great and doesn't appear to have been stretched to fit the widescreen of the PSP and the voicework is actually really good, none of it has annoyed me yet but them I am still to meet most of the women in the game. There is an additional chapter and some reworked cutscenes but so far it has been the same as the GBA game which is no bad thing.

Something to note is that I have read that the game can stutter sometimes when streaming the speech off the UMD and that it tends to load as you move between rooms instead of one load for the entire area. I haven't experienced any of these issues because I'm running it from the memory stick where the loading times are minimal but if you don't have access to the custom firmware it something that may annoy over time.

Art has been re-scanned for the PSP, it's much sharper than on the GBA...at least it's what it looks like watching screens.
    In fact, it was one of my major complains of the GBA version: the graphic was redrawn from the Wonderswan original but was still capped by the GBA capabilities.
    BTW, what about the sprites? Do they look as bad as they look in images? The choice of just re-scaling them was a major letdown to me.

Comment

Working...
    X