Transformers: The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transformers: The Movie

Picked it up yesterday and have played through about half of the autobots campaign. Got to play as Bumblebee, Ironhide and Prime (By far the best) through 3 missions broken into several chapters each. Things like, get to this marker killing Decpticons enroute, protect this target, get to this marker, get to this marker, GET TO THIS MARKER. The gameplay is so limited that I think its safe to say you have seen the full repetoire after about 2 chapters.

There are some good points though, Prime sounds great, the robot and vehicle models for the Autobots and Decepticons are perfect recreations of their movie look and the feel very weighty during combat. These however are not to rescue the game from the overall mediocre feel in almost every other section.

The projectile weapons the robots use are totally different from the movie (Prime dual wields pistols, WTF) and dont feel very good. I was hoping to get a button for weapon switching so I could see the arm transform before using it but no, instead if the Autobot / Decepticon goes to use a weapon or melee attack that requires parts to reform it just does it as part of the move and you are lucky to catch a glimpse of what is no doubt quite a cool animation.

The only thing stopping me from throwing this away is the boss fights... I have 3 so far, one with Barricade, one with Blackout and one with Shockwave (Who has a fantastic look based on his G1 model but updated) and they have been the highlights of the game. Am hoping the finale and the upcoming boss fights will keep this interesting but at the moment everything in between the boss stuff just puts me to sleep.

And you cant transofmr mid-air going from robot to vehicle but you can the other way round so that is quite good, but overall I aint impressed.

For what it's worth, I gave the the DS's Autobot version (there are two - Autobot and, surprisingly, Decepticon) a whirl and the graphics are barely recognisable. Same primative game play, i.e. moving from marker to marker. It just wasn't really much fun at all.

Comment

Played the Wii version last night at my bro's house and for the most part it seems to be just a port of the same game as the other systems, except they've done a Double Agent with the Wii version and mapped the camera to the Wii remote. Obviously, having to hold your hand stock-still to keep the camera focused (which isn't great at the best of times) makes this far too much effort for very little return. It's such a shame - all that potential, wasted

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8 View Post
        I have 3 so far, one with Barricade, one with Blackout and one with Shockwave...
        Shockwave - is he is the movie, or is there just a wider selection of characters in the game?

Comment

He aint in the movie...

Comment

Originally posted by dogen View Post
            Shockwave - is he is the movie, or is there just a wider selection of characters in the game?
            Nah, he aint in the movie but they have expanded the list to flesh things out... he is actually really cool and would have been great in the movie, shame.

Comment

Was the little transformer that turned into the stereo one of his little things?

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                Was the little transformer that turned into the stereo one of his little things?
                Frenzy, who turns into the boom box in the film was one of Soundwaves little guys in the cartoon but he is just a standalone Decepticon in the movie. Although,

he does pop out of Barricade at one point the film.

Shockwave is a completely different character who didnt make the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                  Nope becuase then he would have been Soundwave & not Shockwave

Just out of curriosity are the rumours about unlockable G1 skins true or not???

Thats the only reason I have even a passing interest in this game at the moment.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                    Nope becuase then he would have been Soundwave & not Shockwave

Just out of curriosity are the rumours about unlockable G1 skins true or not???

Thats the only reason I have even a passing interest in this game at the moment.

Neil
                    They are true mate, you can see the option for them in the bonus menu but I have no idea how to get them... imagine its like finish the game 4 times and dont lose ANY health to get them they will be cool though. I will let you now when I get them

Comment

Apparently the G1 Starscream is just the G1 colour scheme on the 2007 model.

Comment

Even being able to see and control the G1 models cant save the game from the rushed mash of gameplay that it gives you. 5 minutes of enjoyment for every 55 minutes of boredom, disappointing... am still gonna finsih it though I have to play the Prime v Megatron fight, hehe.

Comment

i stopped playing it when you have keep saving jazz every 5 seconds.

movie spoiler

no wonder they killed them off, if the game is anything to go by. hes a weakling.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                            i stopped playing it when you have keep saving jazz every 5 seconds.

movie spoiler

no wonder they killed them off, if the game is anything to go by. hes a weakling.

Before he gets tore in half by Megatron he is actually quite good, for a few seconds. The bit where he drives up to Devastator and then transforms and grabs his tank cannon saying, "Come here, Decepticon punk" was quite cool. Prime is the only one who stands a chance against Megatron and you could see that from the Autobots reaction when they see him, Jazz just doesn't get away quick enough, poor wee guy

... he gets totally bitched in that bit of the game though, **** kicked out of him by drones god knows how many times... Ironhide rocks.

Comment

Can anyone post any pictures of the G1 skins please?

Comment

Working...
                              X