Suujin Taisen JPN DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suujin Taisen JPN DS

Yes another first play thread where i'll be probably the only person posting in it

Well seeing as nobody has made one i though this little puzzle game deserves some recognition.

Been playing this for the past few weeks & it's a lot of fun. Although theres a lot of kanji in it the game is very simple to learn.

You play the game by placing numbered tiles down on a grid, there is a set score you have to get to before the other player does. You score points by making connections. You can place either a sequential number next to a tile (eg 1-2 3-4 5-4) or you can place the same number (eg 1-1 2-2 3-3) if you put a non sequential or a non matching number you get no points, but sometimes you can use this to your advantage.

Each tile has a certain number of connection points ranging from 1 to 4, depending on how you connect them you get extra bonus points, for example if you connect them in a square you get the fire bonus, if you connect them in a line you get the earth bonus. Even if the numbers dont match you can still get points for these formations which means sometimes its worth putting a non matcing number down.

There are also rainbow number tiles, you can use but these but the cpu can also connect tiles to these, so if you use one in your combo the cpu can use the same tile & stuff up your formation while increasing theirs at the same time. When you place a tile down you just tap it with your stylus to rotate it to a connection point then click the tick icon on the top right to finish your turn.

Also along with the tiles the boards have certain properties, as you play the boards will be different shapes & have icons on them, for example if you place a tile onto a item icon you get a free item to use against the cpu, these items are valuable & allow you to change tiles colours or rotate it to your advantage or change the number on the tile. As you play through the levels you wil earn items that you will be able to select at the start of each game.

This video on nintendo's site will show you the rules & how the game actually works.

ニンテンドーDS用ソフト「数陣タイセン」公式サイトです。

The online function is pretty good too, you can search for other players to play against in the world or use friend codes to play against people you know. Playing against humans is far more fun as the strategys they use are far more devious than the cpu LOL.
    Last edited by importaku; 29-07-2007, 13:26.

Been thinking about picking this up, prolly will do now. Thanx dude.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

LOL no probs i knew you were interested as i saw your wanted thread. It really is a fun game. Simple to learn but very tactical once you get into it.

Feel free to have us a online game if you pick it up (^_^)

The ds is amazing, so many quality games out. I play it more than anything else nowdays, especially when theres gems like this.

Comment

I just got this today. Can you do a bit of a translation of the menus for me Jason? From what I can gather from the main "circle" top is training, left is multiplayer, right is Wi-Fi, and the bottom is stats. The centre button is the main game. The bottom right option allows you to delete and copy your files and the bottom left is options. Is this right?

ta.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I just got this today. Can you do a bit of a translation of the menus for me Jason? From what I can gather from the main "circle" top is training, left is multiplayer, right is Wi-Fi, and the bottom is stats. The centre button is the main game. The bottom right option allows you to delete and copy your files and the bottom left is options. Is this right?

ta.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not got it nearby to check but it sounds about right, give me half an hour & i'll check for you.

Comment

Also does it auto save or do I have to do it?
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It autosaves as you complete levels,

i'll also translate the items for you as well, when you go through the game & start to beat levels you will be given items that you can select to use in your game at the start of each board.

Each board allows you to choose items before you start, but the number you can hold in reserve changes with each board.

Comment

Excellent. The tutorial is reallly long, but I'm just playing my first match now. Doesn't seem hard to learn at all, I'll give it a few games and then erase my file and start again once I know exactly what's going on.

Great game btw. Very good journey to work stuff! Once I learn the ropes I'll get my friend code srrted and we can have a few games online.
                  Last edited by J0e Musashi; 28-08-2007, 18:47.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ok on the menu where you have 3 red save slots the 3 options at the bottom are (delete) (rename) (back)

On the main title screen (with the wheel thingy)

Bottom left corner takes you to option screen, the option at the top is to choose what hand you are (left) (right)

ok back to the other screen.

The option in the middle takes you to the main game.

The top option takes you to puzzle mode where you have to use all the pieces to get a set amount of points.

The right option takes you to wifi settings
                    First option is to connect to wifi, second is for friend codes & third is for wifi settings.

The bottom option is for changing the game rules, viewing graphics, viewing the credits ect. As you play stuff unlocks in here.

The left option is freeplay mode where you can play either wifi opponents or the cpu, you can choose the amount of players & what board you want to play on.

Comment

Great stuff Jason I'll have a mess about with it. TBH despite the vast amount of kanji it's not scary at all. I had worked out about 80% just from pressing teh various buttons.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ok to the items, you wont get these right away but you will come across them as you place pieces on the ? blocks.

Mirror (circle mirror with gold frame) Allows you to swap 2 of your blocks around that you have already placed on the board.

Crystal ball, allows you to turn any colourd tile into a rainbow tile (good for screwing the cpu over)

Spinning top (black & gold triangular spinning top) Allows you to rotate a piece thats already been placed on the board

Brush, lets you change the number inside the tile

Tag (brown rectangle of paper with red writing) lets you add an extra connector to a tile already placed down.

Blue tag (blue rectangle with red writing) Lets you remove a connector on a tile already placed down

Samurai statue (grey statue holding trident) when placed it creates a booby trap tile, anyone who lands on it gets all 8 tiles round it destroyed

Gyroid statue (Looks like a gyroid from animal crossing) allows you to block an area off for 2 turns stopping another person puting a tile on that space besides you, very handy when you have a combo building.

Theres more items but those are the ones i have so far.

Comment

For the wifi menu once your connected online theres 3 option

first option is to search for random players

the other 2 options are for playing against friends

My FC is

1 2 0 3 6 2
                          2 4 5 5 7 3

Comment

Working...
                          X