No announcement yet.

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never actually recieved a shipping email - it does say on the site it has been shipped tho. Still hasn't arrived btw :/

Comment

About the badges: In Mario Golf 64 you had to get all badges of all courses to unlock Metal Mario afair. Don?t know who it will be this time.

I guess the duel mode will unlock some more players too when you advance further.

I have only unlocked 6 courses and one star character yet. It?s far too hot here to play some more.

By the way: My parcel needed 6 days to arrive from DVDBO

Comment

Tearing my hair out over Peach' invitational at the moment... it's the bob-omb king's par 5 hole that drives me nuts! Tips anyone?
        I've taken to unlocking characters like mad though, think i've got 8 star characters now

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelon
          Tearing my hair out over Peach' invitational at the moment... it's the bob-omb king's par 5 hole that drives me nuts! Tips anyone?
          I've taken to unlocking characters like mad though, think i've got 8 star characters now
          Originally posted by spoiler
          This the level that's based around the bob-omb boss from mario 64? If so then I got a birdie on it by going right instead of aiming up to him on the 2nd shot. On the 3rd shot after going right it is a medium shot to the pin which is now much easier to reach.
          The later levels rock too...

Comment

heres the full set of unlocks:

including a couple of code only tournies.

Comment

Was havin a browse of the official site and found this...

Go to the Scorecard option and choose a character, put in yr name and then it will print out a proper Mario Golf scorecard for you to use for that authentic feel.

Excellent. 8)

Comment

Got it today - and am loving it to pieces

Better get back to it

Comment

Picked it up yesterday. Played it briefly in the shop, got an Eagle on my first hole and later a hole in one. Suffice to say when I got it home it turned out be be a little less straight forward than it first seemed, have had to do with scraping the odd Birdie here and there.

If I have a criticism its the slight anonymity of the holes I have played so far, no great character. But I am guessing the game will pick up once I start unlicking (typo, but to good to delete) some courses...

Thumbs up so far...

Comment

Posted by Vertigo -

I am loving this - in no way could you call me a golf fan, but I'm completely addicted!
                    I agree with that, I generally hate golf but this is really very addictive and fun. Had a good 2 player session with it last night, once you get the hand of manual shots (Im getting there..) and spin the game really does open up. Today I might work towards getting new courses to play for 2 player mode. One other thing about this game, its just SO relaxing to play isnt it.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                      One other thing about this game, its just SO relaxing to play isnt it.
                      Yes, when you remember to stop "button speed mashing" your way through the game it has a great feel about it. Though I sometimes wish that golf games made you decide everything rather than even giving you a head start with direction and clubs etc...

Comment

had this since friday - it was shipped last friday from DVDBO

been playing all weekend - very enjoyable - i am addicted

Comment

Had a big 4 player game last night - most enjoyable

So far i've unlocked the first 4 courses -and am finding the 4th one a right bugger. It will be done tho

Anyone played on the 'tree tops' course?? (did a 2 vs 2 on it in the wee hours) It's just fantastic \o/

Comment

This game is brilliant fun. I usually play with Birdo. One thing I found funny was how Nintendo/Camelot seem to have somewhat 'japified' Diddy Kong. He has those anime eyes when he wins.

Comment

I've had it since Friday and haven't been able to put it down. The AX Cup in F-zero will have to wait just a little bit longer. Didn't think I'd be saying that last week.

One thing that has made this game for me has been the excellent course design. The first two are pretty standard affairs, although still offer some bit of a challenge. After that though the course design goes from strength to strength. The challenge is upped but never so it's frustrating. One thing I've noticed is that it seems to reward creative play on a few holes. Some shots over cliffs, through chasms and using the fast fairway to your advantage, although that can sometimes be like playing with fire.

Overall I think Mario Golf will be a fantastic multiplayer game for ages to come. The courses are very easy on the eyes and of course a delight to play. Everything about the game just just oozes character. Obviously a lot of effort and love went into Mario Golf and it's just upped my anticipation for Mario Tennis a few notches. Well done Camelot. Love the intro as well.

Comment

Update: I've unlocked Boo and Petey Piranha, and all but 2 of the star characters. I've unlocked the last course but have not managed to win it yet. Been making good progress on the ring attack mode, but i'm currently baffled by Mushroom Doom, on peaches castle grouns course... It's well tricky. Closest I can get is Par with on ring or fail Par with two

Comment

Working...
                                X