Slide adventure Mag kid JPN DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slide adventure Mag kid JPN DS

Got this over the weekend, had a play with it & its pretty spiffy.

The slide attachment feels very high quality & it allows for some very precise control, it felt very natural to control the game with it even if it was a bit odd looking, also another thing it actually has a built in rumble pack which suprised me as i wasnt expecting it to rumble at all.

So far i have played the first mission which involves me going & finding the missing bits of the robot, you slide around ramming into enemies & adding them to your chain. When you find a robot arm or leg you drag it back over to the robot to reattach it.

If you slide too fast the chain will break, the more segments you seem to have the weaker the chain becomes so you have to move a bit slower (need to test this out more) to get around the house theres items you can hitch a lift in like a pencil case or a comic book, when you go into one of these a family member will come & carry it to a different bit of the house.

So far i have come across a few different enemies each one seems to have a different ability that lets you shoot out projectiles. The water enemies let you fire bubbles, the green insect ones let you fire spikes ect.....

Pretty good so far, going to put more playtime into it over the weekend. The controller attachment adds to the fun a lot, it uses a optical mouse which means it even works on your leg if you dont want to rest it on a table.
    Last edited by importaku; 12-08-2007, 14:03. Reason: spelling as usual

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Got this over the weekend, had a play with it & its pretty spiffy.

The slide attachment feels very high quality & it allows for some very precise control, it felt very natural to control the game with it even if it was a bit off looking, also another thing it actually has a built in rumble pack which suprised me as i wasnt expecting it to rumble at all.

So far i have played the first mission which involves me going & finding the missing bits of the robot, you slide around ramming into enemies & adding them to your chain. When you find a robot arm or leg you drag it back over to the robot to reattach it.

If you slide too fast the chain will break, the more segments you seem to have the weaker the chain becomes so you have to move a bit slower (need to test this out more) to get around the house theres items you can hitch a lift in like a pencil case or a comic book, when you go into one of these a family member will come & carry it to a different bit of the house.

So far i have come across a few different enemies each one seems to have a different ability that lets you shoot out projectiles. The water enemies let you fire bubbles, the green insect ones let you fire spikes ect.....

Pretty good so far, going to put more playtime into it over the weekend. The controller attachment adds to the fun a lot, it uses a optical mouse which means it even works on your leg if you dont want to rest it on a table.
    What does the slide actually look like as i've not seen any decent pictures of it, could you take some?

Comment

Heres a few pics of it inserted into the ds so you can see how it works.

Last edited by importaku; 12-08-2007, 21:38.

Comment

Just done the first level and really enjoyed it. I get the feeling there's not much room for variety but is worth a look for the curious, as it might become a bit of a collector's item. The slider works beautifully and will make a handy rest for certain games like Metroid where you don't want to hold the DS.

Comment

Would the stand act as a regular rumble pack or only with this game? I never thought of it's usage as a stand. Great idea.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So it's basically an optical mouse add on for the DS? Looks intriguing.

Comment

It doesn't work as a regular rumble pak, unfortunately. At least Metroid Prime Pinball doesn't see it. The slide thing would be quite neat for a pinball game, now I think of it. You could nudge the DS to shove the table around.

I've only played the game briefly so far (first few levels), but it seems interesting. I sort of expected it to move the level round at the same speed you moved the DS so that it looked more like the DS screen was a window into the game, if that makes any sense, but it doesn't quite work like that. I guess you'd need too much space, anyway.

The back of the box seems to suggest it detects twisting as well as movement, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Is that unlocked later, or am I just misunderstanding the picture?

Comment

Tested it out as a rumble pack, it dosent rumble with any other game. I tested it on puzz loop & there was no rumble at all.

Played a few more levels, its a fun game. I was doing the picture book level where you have an image of the chain you need to make, then you search the level for the enemies required to make your chain then go back to the picture book to complete it.

Did the first boss, pretty easy as it involved slamming the boxes shut to knock off the bears.

Comment

This is on special at P-A currently. Just under £17 shipped.

P-A are really catering for the DS fan of late, many a weekly bargain to be had.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Damn P-A taking all my money! (ordered )

Comment

Having fun so far. Nice little unit, hopefully more games make use of it.
                      Stupid P-A mind, there was a large deep blue biro line right across the front of the box! I've done my best to clean it up, but it's bothering me.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm still playing this. Not so sure about it now though. Seems quite repetitive, although this may just be the early stages.
                        The slide attachment makes for an excellent stand for use with Metroid Prime though, if only the rumble pack worked as a standard rumble cart.
                        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 12-09-2007, 08:49.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

One flaw ive noticed with the slide controller, if you use it on a totally solid colour it dosent work. I used it on the table at work which is totally cream coloured & it wouldnt move at all.

It only seems to work if the surface your sliding it on is different colours, i put a mag under it & it wrked fine.

Stuck on one of the later missions now, i have to find 4 electric enemies but i can only find three of the gits in the garage, no idea where the fourth is.

Comment

Got this yesterday - enjoyed the first level but I think it could be short-lived. Buggered if I can be bothered to carry the slider thing around. Wish it was dismantleable and could fit into a regular DS box. Still, a nice novelty.

Comment

I've grown quite bored of it now. It's more of a tech demo for the hardware methinks, and of course the stand makes Metroid Prime Hunters much better to play.
                              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 16-09-2007, 15:02.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X