Face training JPN DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face training JPN DS

Had this over the weekend, been laughing my ass off as its pretty funny. Gurning & grimacing for the ds is class.

Quite good value as it comes with the camera & ds stand.

The camera comes inside the ds case & is just bigger than a normal ds cart, it has a button on the top to extend the lens so you can use it with the old style ds too.

The software is an excercise program where you stretch & hold muscles in your face to keep them firm & toned to help you look younger, as for me i just find it amusing making silly faces for my ds.

When you first boot it up it asks you to line up your face to a guide template where it then captures your face. It then uses recognition software to place markers on your face over your eyes & mouth. As your first excercise you have to stretch & hold various face muscles like your eyes & mouth, it shows you on the left which ones to move & theres arrows superimposed over your face on the right to show you too.

when you finish the excercises it ranks you on how accurate you were at copying, it secretly takes pics while you do the excercises then shows you them all at the end, i pissed myself laughing at some of the pics it captured (no way im posting them) after your first set of excercises it asks you for your name & then saves your profile.

You then have the daily training option or you can select the other option if you want to do a certain excercise, in the list it shows you which muscles it uses & how long the program will take to do.

All in all a strange bit of software thats fun but not really aimed at me to be honest but it was still worth a purchase for me.

I'm definitely going to be picking this up just for the amusement factor. Is there any way of getting the pictures it takes off of the DS?

Comment

Can you translate the main menu screen please Jason? I've had this for a while now, but I've been having trouble actually "playing" it. The only thing I've managed to work out so far is the erase all data option. lol.

Nice Pikachu DS there btw. I'm not opening mine see.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Bump on the translation if anyone has it.

Picked this up in Tokyo last week and will be playing it soon :d

Comment

Oops totally forgot, i'll have a go at the menus sometime this week

Comment

Cheers mate.

Just tried it and am impressed by the camera quality but totally flummoxed by the game itself. Once I got passed the setup and ligning my face I kinda got lost

Shame the camera couldn't be rotated 10 degs. Could have filmed people whilst pretending to play on the Tube.

Comment

I thought that. It'll deffo never be used for taking pictures. Couldn't have been hard to put a swivel on it.

I think the big circle on the main screen is the main part of teh "game". TBH I shelved it all after I did the initial boot-up training other than working how to delete all data. I'll deffo go back to it once Jason sorts out a translation.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ok heres the sloppy translation as i was bored today.....

From the start

it will ask you to confirm the date & time then after progressing through the screens (using bottom right button) you get to the face registration screen, line up your mug with the yellow template, when your in position she will slowly count to 5 then save your face, select Yes (blue) or no (orange)

You will then get taken, to the first session, the idea is to follow the womans face on the left. Markers will appear on the camera screen over your face to show you which muscles to move. You have to slowly work the muscles as she counts to 5 then she tells you to hold the position then counts to 5, then you have to slowly relax them. (BTW it tells you if your wearing contact lenses to take them out)

Once finished you will be shown a box that you sign to create your profile (orange button deletes your signature if you make a mistake) you will then be graded on how accurate you did including showing you 4 cringingly bad pics of yourself doing the excercises LOL.

Ok onto the menus......

Blue is the main game
                Orange is for checking how your face is improving with the excercises
                Green is options
                Pink is for checking your rankings on a graph

Menus in more detail.......

Blue :
                You will come to a screen with 3 options. They are the steps before you can do the full facening excercise regime. First one is body warm up, just copy the woman.

Second is face warm up, theres 2 options first one is for warming up just copying the woman. Then the second is doing it with the camera on.

Third is the main facening game, in this screen theres more menus (ill do those in a section further down (facening menus).

Orange:
                This mode is for checking how your face looks from the previous session, you can pause the video to capture your face then compare it to the old pic. You can flip it left & right to check both sides.

Green:
                Nothing too exciting just the credits & other non important options. I'll do these later when i have unlocked them

Pink:
                This is a graph, it charts your daily excercises & shows you how good your rankings are for each day so you can see your progress.

Facening menus.....

Blue: Face warm up exercises like you previously did
                Pink: Selects different areas of the face to excercise
                Orange: Selection where you do a set course of exercises.
                Green: same as pink, more muscle sets to excercise
                Red: Cool down mode where you relax your face & the orange button turns your ds off.

I think that should be enough to get you through it all.

Comment

Thanks for the translation.

As a curio, it's OK, but as an actual game this sucks

Think I'll hold onto it in case some other games make use of the camera.

But at least I can count to 5 in Japanese now.

Comment

Lol to be fair its not really a game. More a set of excercises that make you look like a total tit while doing them

Comment

Working...
                    X