Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cosmic Family (Wii)

This one is for the youngsters.

Unfortunately this game has been almost completely ignored by everyone pretty much everywhere, but - from what I?ve seen, hopefully that will soon change.

This is basically a Big Brain Academy for the younger generations?so it is all about learning. Everything from the colourful presentation, bouncy animation, goofy voice-acting and simplistic navigation, it has all been specifically made with the little ones in mind. It is instantly more appealing then Big Brain, and makes Nintendo?s efforts look somewhat heartless. There is so much attention here, so much humour? There were parts that even made me chuckle and nod in appreciation.

The game follows and interacts with the Cosmic Family, consisting of Mum and Dad, Big Sister, two small children, a crazy dog, a lazy cat, and plenty of colourfully designed monsters. The dancing elephant thing is just brilliant.

Clicky!!

Actions are straightforward and simple, simply asking the player to use the wii-remote to point and click on various object around the house... Well, space ship. Some objects prompt a short funny sequence, others present one of the 15 or so early-learning mini games. These can be from identifying shapes, dressing up various characters or colouring quirky images. All instructions are spoken aloud with interesting images, meaning it is always easy for the little ones to grasp what they need to do. No reading is necessary.

I have to admit, I am actually really surprised how funny this game is, there are a lot of ideas in here. It is obviously something i wouldnt have picked up myself usually, but it perfect for Chloe (five years old) to have a little play, a giggle, whilst learning at the same time.

For only ?19.99, this is essential for anyone who has a wii and a little one.
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone
Working...
X