Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Worlds x360

Played this for about 15 mins today,
    If you want a party game get this the 6 peeps that were watching me could not stop laughing.
    The frame rate is around 15 at best and it dips to 4-9 most of the time.
    The level loads in every 10ft or so for about 3 seconds at a time at most.
    The first things you meet that you can kill (bears ,wolves) can kill you without thinking twice.
    but dont let that worry you turn the camera away from them and they warp back to their spawn points.
    Please no one buy this, we have more people ask about this than halo 3 at work this past week so I know people want it, but its only use is if you want to laugh at it.

Yep, I've been having all sorts of laughs at this games expense after playing the PC demo. I was really hoping for a rival to Oblivion that I could play with a bunch of friends over Live, but this is such a horrible mess I almost feel sorry for all involved. The voice acting needs to be heard to be believed and it handles with all the grace of a Java mobile phone game. Although to be fair, that's probably a disservice to mobile phone games.

Comment

I love how, when you jump you float for like 2 seconds

Comment

Or how upon accepting a quest delivered in a poor attempt at Ye Olde English, your character replies: 'I'm all over it!' all excitedly.

God, I might have to buy this just for comedy, it's a goldmine!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
          I love how, when you jump you float for like 2 seconds
          Meh, sounds like they could have disguised such laziness there by making the player character some sort of all powerful mage, but no.

I had MASSIVE hopes for this game, but every review I've read seems to tear the **** out of it - How it managed a 7 from Gamespot when Blue Dragon barely scraped a 5 I have no idea at all.

There are some pretty good player submitted video reviews on youtube that are worth a watch too.

Comment

Looks like Gamespot are sniffing some Glue unless it runes better on the PC and PC gamers 74% would say maybe so

Comment

Perhaps it gets better outside of 15 minutes play?

Comment

Can't build a house on a crap foundation

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  Perhaps it gets better outside of 15 minutes play?
                  Your welcome to try it lol
                  I have to put up with all the pre-order people buying it dispite me saying it is rubbish then having them bringing it back next day saying its rubbish

Comment

I think it looks rubbish too, but it may well become really involving if you get into it. I couldn't think of a single genre that would more foolhardy to base your opinion of a game after 15 minutes of play than the RPG genre.

Comment

That's a bit of a surprise!!!

I was quite looking forward to this one.

Comment

I think it looks rubbish too, but it may well become really involving if you get into it. I couldn't think of a single genre that would more foolhardy to base your opinion of a game after 15 minutes of play than the RPG genre.
                        I would agree with that to a point, but i can see the flaws in the system early on so therefore i am less likely to persevere for x amount of hours to get to the good bits. For example, in fighting games the first few minutes and hours are used to get used to the fighting system etc, Virtua Fighter et al are obviously solidly made and thought out whereas Mugen are usuallly flawed to an extent and quite shallow. In Disgaea, it is apparent early on in the game that it is possible to enjoy the game into the 100's of hours due to the robust nature of the lvling up system/ item worlds etc, so you look forward to maybe getting to hour 350 one day.

Maybe Two Worlds does get good 1-2 hours in, but if i'm not grabbed in the first half hour or so (or at least intrigued by what could be) then its usually a bad sign.

Shame, as i was quite intrigued by this initially...

Comment

I think if you're getting about 10fps and loading every 10 seconds or so it's difficult to imagine how that's going to improve over 15 minutes.

Those two things certainly aren't everything in a game but with the other reported problems I can only be patient so long waiting for something good to happen.

From what I've read elsewhere there isn't a great deal there after the 15 minutes as people seem to be finishing it in around 12 hours or so!

I would have been so tempted to buy this if I'd not read reviews about the game, it's such a shame as I felt it had a lot of potential.

Comment

If you want to spend a couple of hours on it factor in the frame rate and double the amount of time you have to spend on it

Comment

Very disapppointed in this as I too had been looking forward to it. One of the worst recent 360 releases. Graphics- poor Controls - awful Voice acting - terrible framerate- stuttering such a shame as there certainly was potential in this title.

Comment

Working...
                              X