No announcement yet.

Heavenly Sword - PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I'm finding that helps with blocking is that, if you're in a pack that are mixing heavy/speed attacks, make the power stance your default stance (i.e. Hold R1 by default) because it's a lot more intuitive, for me anyway, to release the button when I see a speed attack incoming.

Other than that I just try and manipulate the positions of the enemies so that I separate the different types.

I'm just putting my general suckiness with this to the fact that I'm getting old and my reactions are ****.

Comment

No matter how good you are at this game you will take damage during teh busy battles, its all about how much you minimise it. It was never going to be like DMC3 Royal Guard but if you use it right with the roll you can make yourself extremely hard to take down.

One thing that has been really underused by me is the aerial counter where you can attack someone who knocks you in the air by shaking the pad, I just keep forgetting to do it, but when used correctly it is very useful for getting you back into a rhythm.

Comment

On that note, I'm sure I read about you being able to extend aerial (sp?) juggles by yanking up on the SIXAXIS - but I've not seen it in a tip yet and I've not been able to pull it off. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
          On that note, I'm sure I read about you being able to extend aerial (sp?) juggles by yanking up on the SIXAXIS - but I've not seen it in a tip yet and I've not been able to pull it off. Anyone else?
          You dont mean the actual aerial combos where you jump into the air after you launch an enemy do you? You yank up on the six axis to do that

Normally the aerial stuff is where I would spend most of my time but they aint easy to kick off when enemies are always blocking and the block breaker combos are so long... just let me put you up in the air ya wee dick

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure I saw a mention that you could extend those by pulling up on the SIXAXIS, but I'm not entirely sure I've managed to pull it off.

Maybe I'll do some testing tonight - turn off the motion controls at some point and see if it's any different.

Comment

The only way to do aerial stuff is if you yank up on the controller, the camera then zooms in on you for the combo. Do you mean you can take the enemy up higher by yanking up on the pad again after you got into the aerial animation?

Comment

Well, you've probably answered my question right there, because the only times I've seen the zoom so far is with the Superstyle attacks and the kill counters, so I've obviously not managed the aerial combos at all. Which is what I suspected.

Comment

Ah right... yeah, if you hit an enemy who isn't blocking with range stance and triangle, it launches them into the air. Then you lift the pad and Nariko flies up after them allowing you to deal some aerial punishment. All the aerial combos are shown in the combo list when you pause it, some of them are

Comment

In the option menu you can make it so that to launch an aerial combo you just press X rather than having to jerk the controller up in the air - they are much easier to do this way - I don't think spazzing round with the controller in the middle of a fight was adding much in the way of fun anyway. You can still leave it so the shooting sections are motion sensing if that is your bag.

Comment

Can you also change it so the aerial counter you can do when someone knocks you into the air is done by pressing a button? That would make a big difference to my play. I am happy with aerial launch being on the six axis but the counter would feel much better on the X button or something.

Comment

Yep, recovery is done with a button as well. But I'm pretty sure you can't have one without the other - the option says "Combat On/Off", so both aerials and recoverys are done all by motion or all by buttons, but not a mixture. However, as I said before the motion sensing for shooting is a seperate option.

Comment

I could never change the motion controls for the shooting... guiding a cannon ball into a catapult or army of enemies with the six axis is too much fun.

I will try the combat switch tonight then and see if it helps with the aerial stuff and counters. The problem with the aerial stuff is most of the time you dont need it as Nariko is so powerful on the deck. I suppose in Hell mode it will be more important for sepearting key enemies from the pack and getting a good undisturbed whack at an opponent.

Comment

You don't need to do aerials, but some of the more powerful ones are really good fun to watch!

Comment

Only spent about 30mins on this last night and seemed fine. Its abit chuggy on frame rate but I got used to it very quickly. I found using the bow and arrow with aftertouch great fun (kept reloading that section till I got used to it) and then I switched off as it was 5am

Comment

Yeah, I played through the third chapter with this last night and it really clicked. I love Kai's sections!

I'll attack your weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

Sony really should use that in all of their PS3 games' dialogue.

Still didn't get the hang of the aerial combos though. I think I'll use this play through as a tutorial and play with style* on hell mode.

* die even more.

Comment

Working...
                                X