Virtua Fighter 5 - Xbox 360 (Demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtua Fighter 5 - Xbox 360 (Demo)

This is the first time of me playing VF5 ever, I haven't played the PS3 version so I can't compare them.

The graphics are stunning, even for my little HDTV. Some of the locations are so beautiful that it made me load up the Vs mode to just stop and look out. The demo comes with 4 players playable. - Akira or the El-Blaze guy (I can't remember exactly what his name was) are my favourite. Each character having their own unique and distinct martial arts style. - Just like VF4:evo.

There are 3 different levels to fight on, be it, arcade mode or local multiplayer. No online in the demo but we will see it in the final game!

Be warned though! if your playing multiplayer, there is a really annoying commentator and a partner there with him I think, if I heard it correctly. They keep cutting each other up in their sentences whilst you fight. Making it had to decipher what they're saying. And I have found no way of turning them off, since you can't access the options.

If someone has played the PS3 vesion alot then please post and tell me and the others how it compares to older revisions.

Anyway, playing this has made me want to buy the final game and an official Hori arcade stick, (or whatever VF5 branded one I can find!) So get to it and download it now, even if you've played the PS3 version!

You can turn off the commentary in the full PS3 game, so I should think you could in the full 360 game.

Comment

I thinks this looks a lot cleaner and smoother than the PS3 one, the PS3 one just looked really muddy to me and not impressive, this looks a hell of a lot better.

Comment

I'm assuming the difficulty is toned down for the demo? Reason I ask is because I just managed to beat all the opponents by pressing Y constantly.

Nice graphics though.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
          I'm assuming the difficulty is toned down for the demo? Reason I ask is because I just managed to beat all the opponents by pressing Y constantly.
          No thats just how Virtua Fighter games are!

ZING!

Comment

This has to be one of the most jaggy-free games I've ever played, well done SEGA. The PS3 version suffered from minor jaggy problems but they've cleaned things up so much here it just looks stunning. Other than that I couldn't tell any difference. Roll on Oct 26th

Comment

This looks unbelievable! I have a Bravia KDL40W2000 and it looks so vibrant, and crisp. The animation is mega fluid. Looks like AM2 have pulled it off with ease! I could have hugged my 360 after firing it up.
              Anyone who doubts the 360’s visual clout really needs to see this.

Comment

Even if you've played the PS3 version, you really need to play this for an even better experience.
                Last edited by Malc; 13-10-2007, 17:32.

Comment

plays really nice, even with the 360 controller. graphics are ok, apart from the shiny, plastic-like look of some characters. the animation is excellent. i just hope the full version offers more variety regarding the fighter's end of round commentary.

Comment

Just gave the demo a go, as expected, it's wicked.

Basically the same as the PS3 version overall, some costmetic additions to the menu system (like the little fighting Akira on the loading screen), as well as a new title screen.

Visually, hard pushed to see a difference between this and the PS3 version. It might be less jaggy, but I never noticed the jaggies on the PS3 anyway. It might be better, but not enough for me to be able to justify saying so.

But that's not the point though, it's here and it's as good as ever. I'm not interested in online though, so I'm not going to be rebuying it (which shows how close the 360 and PS3 one are imo).

Comment

Have they balanced it a little since the PS3 version? It seemed like Eileen doesn't quite have the speed between combos now.

Comment

Dont know if it's me but i have the ps3 version also but the 360 demo seems like it has more textures and less of the shiny ****e,

Comment

hows the loadtimes compared to the ps3 version?

Its too long for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by melenko View Post
                            Have they balanced it a little since the PS3 version? It seemed like Eileen doesn't quite have the speed between combos now.
                            The PS3 version is based on the version B arcade board, the 360 version is based on version C so there may well be subtle differences in there if they felt she was too over powerful.

I played through this demo a tonne of times and I love it...I can't wait to get online, this is really going to be my game.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                              hows the loadtimes compared to the ps3 version?

Its too long for my liking.
                              The demo isn't a fair judge since it's loading from HDD, but they were short enough so that I never even thought about it until I read your post.

Comment

Working...
                              X