Football Manager 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football Manager 08

Another year another update, been playing this today and as expected it's excellent. I'm slowly finding my way around the interface which has been streamlined and quick to browse around.

Not sure if it's my beefier pc (now) but it does seem to nip along at a fair old lick! Not tried international management (waiting for that elusive china manager position to become available ) but I hear that's improved. Not come across any game breaking bugs but I'm sure there will inevitably be some.

All in all an excellent package and well worth the ?25

Will post more thoughts as I play more

My first impression of this was that the presentation looked brighter and probabaly nicer, but not any better for the gameplay. After getting more use to it though things do feel more streamlined now.

Basicaly dealing with all the less important stuff has been made more convieniant while all the important stuff has been pushed more in to play and you are forced to look at it. Hence its actualy alot more focused than the last game.

But yeah besides that its the business as usual, which is no doubt what everyone wants really.

Comment

The ammount of disallowed goals I am seeing is stupid, it happens most from corners.

Still a great game though, my Swans team is top of the league

Comment

I've noticed quite a few dissallowed goals, I'm having a torrid time in the league. Rock bottom but doing ok in cups...
        mirroring the real spurs sadly

Comment

Signed Riquelme for a record fee, plays two games, setting up a goal and scoring one.

Third game = Injured.

**** sake.

Comment

For Bolton? How big a wage did you have to give him?

Comment

I have two games running at the same time mate.

One - normal
              Two - edited database (fantasy football kinda thing)

Signed him in the edited one, although in the normal one I'm fifth with my only signing being Jiri Jarosik on loan! In the normal one I had 4 million to spend but NOBODY wanted to sign.

I won 5 games on the trot then lost 4-0 in that one...which is wierd since it was Blackburn and I'd just beaten Man Utd 4-1!!

I like having two games running, one a normal one and the other a fantasy one Haven't started the main season yet in my fantasy one!

Anyone tried to sign David Villa? Jesus wept, they wanted 71 million f(I started at 25 and kept upping it when they rejected it to see what they'd sell him for) or him and he wanted £95,000 a week plus bonuses! Needless to say I told him to poke it. I signed Trezeguet instead who got injured in his second pre-season game, out for a week. Ridiculous really.
              Last edited by Jebus; 20-10-2007, 14:39.

Comment

It seems that the modding community is starting to get real cup, logo and kit packs out now, im gonna DL a few later to see what they are like including a new premier league logo pack. If they are any good i'll get them posted on here for you guys, having the real logos and stuff is always miles better.

Comment

Picked this up on Friday along with The Orange Box and only Football Manager made it out of its wrapper this weekend TOB got played for a couple hours last ngiht but I was thinking about FM2008 the whole time, honestly.

What is there to say but, brilliant. Another year, another great addition to the franchise and some really welcomed improvements and changes this year. I love the new financial interaction where you can re-direct funds, such a simple thing but something that was sorely lacking from previous years as all the financial stuff felt very restricted. The new confidence indicators and additional pre / post match analysis are great aswell, I find myself taking a lot more time on match day now to soak it all in and get involved in the post match discussion, its great.

Started my game with Celtic and had a steady start to the campaign. Gonna be tough to win the league with Rangers also on form but team has a nice bit of depth. Spent about £12m and brought in 2 quality defenders and 2 potential starts of the future so am happy with my transfer activity. Feel I could do with another quality striker as McDonald doesn't seem to be producing his real lfie form but that may come with more games

See, just being able to talk like that about a player is what Football Manager is all about great start with FM2008 and it is only gonna get better.

Comment

This not available as a download? Just a retail release?

Comment

Aye just a retail release I think Swallow.

Comment

Got this yesterday and spent hours getting my Spurs team setup correctly for the season, sorting out scouting etc. Got rid of Chris Hughton as assistant and got some Spanish guy in.

Only played one league game so far, which was a 5-0 away win against Middlesborough, so its looking good at the moment.

I'm liking the confidence section with all the extra information there and the scouting works so much better this year. Looks like the normal tweaks rather than an overhaul from SI, but when the game is that good to start with, there is no real need to alter too much.

Comment

Right ive tested logo and facepacks that have been released so far and the best for FM08 so far can be found on www.fmcentre.co.uk (Logo's) and www.sortitoutsi.net (Face Packs)

Club and Competition Logo's - http://www.fmcentre.co.uk//index.php?showtopic=3577

Face Packs - http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forums/in...howtopic=21948

As for kits there are loads of fantastic FM 08 ones however they are exclusive to www.fmglive.com and they are changing servers so the downloads are down currently.

However someone has posted the Premier League and La Liga kits on another hosting site, until fmg is back online. Here are the links

Ive got all of these in my game now and they really really do make it so much nicer.

Comment

I aint noticed that much of a difference with the SPL, do they have different skins, strips, etc for the Scottish league aswell?

Just hearing you mentioned La Liga has made me want to do a Real Madrid, Barcelona or maybe a cheeky wee Villareal game

Comment

Thanks for the links Ajay...

Where do i extract all these files to mate there no readme files
                              Last edited by glazza; 22-10-2007, 11:06.

Comment

Working...
                              X