Aqua Vita (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqua Vita (PS3)

Aqua Vita is a interactive fishtank screensaver compatible with the PSEye.
    It's a novelty title costing £1.99 from the PSN store.

Looks fantastic, personally mainly bought it for my son who loves this sort of thing.

Camera input works well, you see a faint shadow of yourself in the background on screen,a wave of your hand causes ripples in the water the fish will follow or if you rub your hand together at the top of the screen (tank) bits of fish food appear, attracting most fish on the screen.

There must be dozens of different fish included as the variation is good. Sure not everyone's cup of tea but something kids will enjoy. You also get the sound of the pump/bubbles for added realism.

youtube demo video
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Looks more fun than Feeding Frenzy!

Comment

Will this work with the original eyetoy?

Comment

I'd guess not, because the newer model is a higher resolution than the EyeToy, and I think it specifically states that it needs the Eye.

Comment

No, original Eyetoy doesn't work with any of the PS3 camera games.

Comment

It also works via remote play on the PSP.

The problem is that you still have to use the PS3 camera when doing this rather than the PSP camera which makes it a little pointless really. Still relaxing to watch though.

Comment

I've just noticed that I have a TGS '07 video of what was displayed as Aqua which seems to show something with a lot more scope.

It may well be something else entirely different or something you get via DLC.

Comment

I've just been called a nutter by the Mrs for waving my arms around while "playing" this It's ok... Like David says, it's probably more for kids!

I think there's only 8 types of fish though? You choose which ones you want to appear on the options screen.

That Aqua thing does look like a different kettle of, erm, fish! Maybe this should be called Aqua Prologue

Comment

If i download this without a cam will it still load up and have the fish swimming around? Just the cam is not out yet over here and i want to see the fishes.

Comment

Man, it's not very realistic, you can't keep those fish together!
                    Some of them are predatory and more worrying there is a mixture of Marine and Fresh water fish in the same tank!

Comment

I'm pretty sure it requires the camera. With or without the camera though, it's just not worth the cash.

Comment

Working...
                      X