Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeshift 360

Got this on Friday,
    Its trying to be too many things at once, it has the Dr Breen style announcements from HL2 and the suit is very Crysis.
    But its pretty fun so far the (so far) constant rain is kind of annoying, like pgr 4 where they can do rain so lets do it every level.
    The weapons feel kind of underpowered, one clip to the face to drop a grunt .....
    Im going to keep on with it as its something to play before I leave my 360 for the unreal/crysis/COD4 tripple header in a few weeks

Both the pre op and post op demos were pish, so it's hardly suprising. The multiplayer side of the game is meant to be pretty fun, did you get a chance to play that at all?

Comment

No cant get my 360 connected to my network

Comment

I played the demo & I have to say it didnt hook me in at all. It did have that HL2/Red Faction style to it & the rain looked good but, as u mentioned, the weapons never seemed to have any clout to them.
        It looked like an interesting idea but I just couldnt be bothered.

Comment

I thought the newer demo was quite fun. I'm interested to hear how you continue to get on.

Comment

It gets very hard very quickly the second level is sometimes unfairly tough

Comment

well i tried the demo i actually quite liked it....far far better then the demo released ages ago

Comment

Just cancelled my NBA2k (as its always getting delayed) so I can buy this

Comment

I played the demo on 360 and thought it was jerky (a comment made by many). I have rented the game from Blovkbuster to see if it has improved, which it has, but still not as smooth as the PS3 demo.

I think I will give another go when the PS3 version comes out as the US demo was way better than the 360 demo and the controls felt better as well.

Comment

Im not impressed with the full game both solo and multiplayer its all abit meh after awhile so going to trade it when I can.

Comment

Got this from my Tesco DVD rentals yesterday and have been playing through it this morning.

Its a real shame that this game didnt turn out better as the whole concept is a good one. The ability to stop time and reverse it should be a whole lot of fun, which I admit it is in bursts.

But there are some really annoying things which stop this from being anything other than average.

The instant death sections are a real nightmare, it does tell you that an incomming threat is detected, but thats normally after you have died or are about to fall to your death or something.

And the weapons, so far, are nothing to write home about. Its fun stopping time and sticking and exploding crossbow bolt to someones face, but the rest of the weapons are awful.

Not tried the multi-player side of it, cant say Im really bothered about it when Ive got COD4 sat there if I fancy some online shenanigans.

Comment

This would have been good if it had a stronger story. I didn't even realise I was killing the last boss until

he fell out of a machine I was shooting

Every other part of it was well done but it just screamed average. You could tell they where heavily inspired by Half Life 2, and blatantly robbed the Prince of Persia time controls.

Comment

Working...
                        X