No announcement yet.

Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had about half hours play on this and I hate it. Can't believe no one's mentioned his inability to go up the stairs. You have to go painfully slow up the stairs and if you jump, it just sends you through the floor.

Shame really I'm a big fan of SOTN and I was looking forward to this.

Comment

If you hold up on the dpad, you'll land on the stairs rather than going through them.

Comment

Yeah, that's basically the same as CV4 on the SNES isn't it? A little clumsy until you get used to it. Hoping to be unwrapping this one on Christmas Day.

Comment

Originally posted by smokedog View Post
          Just had about half hours play on this and I hate it. Can't believe no one's mentioned his inability to go up the stairs. You have to go painfully slow up the stairs and if you jump, it just sends you through the floor.

Shame really I'm a big fan of SOTN and I was looking forward to this.
          Isnt that what all Castlevania's are like? But yeah as someone else said you can jump so far up them and hold the pad and he will land on them etc.

Comment

Everything pre-SOTN is like that I think, yeah.

Comment

This package is just seriously! One of the reasons I rebought a PSP actually.

Ashamed to say I'm a relative newcomer to the Castlevania series (not played one since...god...can't even remember how many years ago) and I'm loving all the games on here, difficult but not impossible...pretty much old school gaming and quite unforgiving at times.

Comment

Picked up the PAL release of this yesterday.

Wow. What a shockingly bad game.

I just don't understand the lack of moves or abilities. I know that's not what the older Castlevania's were about...but it's a re-make! You can't even do a simple dash! There's little satisfaction even when you get the hang of how to do certain sections because the move set is just so...rubbish. That said, there's incentive to continue because they've needlessly tucked away SOTN, the reason I bought it really.

The graphics are horrendous too. It would have been much nicer to see re-drawn sprites and painterly backgrounds as in Odin Sphere, but I guess that's much more work than 3D. But it would have been lovely.

It just seems a bit of a pointless re-make really. Though to be fair I can't ruddy WAIT to play Symphony of the Night again. Also, it's good that it's had a PAL release, it could easily have been Japan and USA only.

Comment

A PAL PSP release? *facetious*

Comment

Don't understand why the GAMEOVER screen is done in a multicolor balloon font.

Comment

Because you're playing as Maria and she's a girl.

Comment

I imported this game last year (the asian/english language version) because I couldn't wait for the euro one. Only really got it for SotN to be honest!

Comment

Originally posted by crocky-chocky View Post
                          Wow. What a shockingly bad game.

I just don't understand the lack of moves or abilities. I know that's not what the older Castlevania's were about...but it's a re-make! You can't even do a simple dash! There's little satisfaction even when you get the hang of how to do certain sections because the move set is just so...rubbish. That said, there's incentive to continue because they've needlessly tucked away SOTN, the reason I bought it really.
                          It's not really as pointless as you might think, as I'm glad they havn't changed it too much, as there are many people besides myself that absolutely LOVE the retro CastleVanias and I always found adding all the extra moves diluted the pure platforming/combat experience.

But it is a shame they didn't do an "original" and "DX" version of something. It's a fantastic release for western castlevania fans though because the game was only ever released on a &#163;200ish format and then another &#163;75-100 for then game itself availible on import only. A &#163;120 PSP with a &#163;30 game is far better really. I'm just gutted they unveiled it just after I'd shelled out for a mint PC Engine Duo and the PC-Engine CD version of the game >_<
                          Last edited by MikeRox; 20-02-2008, 12:11.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
                            It's not really as pointless as you might think, as I'm glad they havn't changed it too much, as there are many people besides myself that absolutely LOVE the retro CastleVanias and I always found adding all the extra moves diluted the pure platforming/combat experience.

But it is a shame they didn't do an "original" and "DX" version of something. It's a fantastic release for western castlevania fans though because the game was only ever released on a ?200ish format and then another ?75-100 for then game itself availible on import only. A ?120 PSP with a ?30 game is far better really. I'm just gutted they unveiled it just after I'd shelled out for a mint PC Engine Duo and the PC-Engine CD version of the game >_<
                            Mike - the Original Rondo of Blood is included as an extra on the UMD. You need to unlock it with some sneakly playing thats all.

Comment

I don't mind it, I find it a bit hard but hey, thats CV. got it cheap so meh I haven't bothered to get off level 4

Comment

I hated the remake of Rondo of Blood then LOVED it, was playing over Crimbo in a house with no consoles but it is how games used to be. Challenging, tough and when you make an error, its your fault.

I remember beating the last boss on my last morning off work on the train back to London, 02.01.2008 at 10:30 I almost exploded with joy when I spanked that goofy Count. People gave me funny looks on the train...

Comment

Working...
                                X