Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellgate:London

got this today been playing it a bit

did try the demo that definetly had a diablo vibe as i was the blademaster with the full game i decided to try one of the more gun orientated characters.

Going to the first person view feels not to bad but dont expect half life 2 or halo combat.The weapons seem to lack impact and weapons have a accuracy rating which more chance to hit the enemy the closer they get.

the graphics are not to bad but nothing really special.....suppose for having randomised level thats the drawback

i must say i think the voice acting is awful lol

however i do think it plays quite well certainly addictive beating enemies leveling up and especially collecting items and upgrades

will definetly continue playing it

right few more details

after a fair bit of play definetly has a diablo vibe there is a item you carry that creates a portal back home and there is a item that identifys objects and enemys often drop loot

special skills have short cut buttons to so far i have got the rapid fire and grenade ability.

have noticed a few problems though that need a patch.First the frame while good when a explosion happens it drops rapidly.

Quite a few graphic glitches to like i was against a boss and suddenly there was no muzzle flash and there was no hit impact on the boss so i couldnt tell if i was hurting it

still negatives aside it is pretty addictive already got a rocket launcher which i have augmented with addons

and some of the combat is quite satisfying

Comment

Initially was quite interested in this but i heard it's very restricted for non subscribers. Can you confirm?

Comment

havent really tried multiplayer yet

to be honest i really dont see it as a multiplayer game happy to play with single player

this is what the subscription is supposed to add

Ongoing Content

We’re always making TONS of new content for our subscribers that extends and changes the way Hellgate: London can be played.

This includes:

New Levels to Explore
        New Monsters
        New Weapons
        New Skills and Spells
        New Quests and Storyline
        New Character Classes

Themed Events and Items

These are events, areas, monsters, quests, pets and rewards that are available for limited periods of time throughout the year. Some are recurring while others may only happen once, so keep a sharp watch for announcements on upcoming events!

Hardcore Mode

Characters have one life, and ONLY one life, to give for the cause. There is no resurrecting your downed hero in Hardcore mode, so different tactics, skills and items rule the day. For the gamer that wants the ultimate test, try playing an Elite Hardcore character!

Guild Creation and Management

Buy purchasing a Guild Herald, a character can form a new guild. Characters can only be part of one guild at a time and should a Guild leader decide to abandon their post, they can pass leadership of the Guild to another subscribing guild member.

Achievement Rewards

You’re earning big points for completing long-term goals and insane tasks. Along with the notoriety and sense of accomplishment, there are also rewards to spend those points on!

PvP Modes and Rewards

New ways to fight against other players, both alone and in teams. Your reputation in this arena of combat will also net you special commendations and rewards!

Larger Stash

Each character gets an extra 6x8 section in their storage locker, making the hording of all sorts of goodies that much easier. Pack rats rejoice!

actually the game does remind me of vampires:the masquerade in the not that polished and not quite finished feel

Comment

slight update there is a content update soon http://www.megagames.com/news/html/p...ntupdate.shtml

and subscribers only area ...however i wont be subscribing to the game

have to say the game has grown on me....collecting items and upgrading is addictive

though encounter lots of graphics problems and glitches.....like the lighting of a area not working for a few min and enemies firing through walls

Comment

anyone know whats going to happen to this game now the studio is closing/closed ?

Comment

Last i heard a Korean company were going to be buying the rights to it as it is still popular out there.

Comment

any chance of updates ?

Comment

HanbitSoft announced that Hellgate: London will soon be serviced in a free-to-play model.

This was the first time that any related official announcements had been made. HanbitSoft explained that by switching over to a free-to-play model, users will feel less burdened, opening the doors to a larger, more diverse gaming community. The date of the free-to-play switch over is undetermined at this point, but HanbitSoft stated that more news will be released through the official Hellgate: London website soon.

HanbitSoft also announced that Hellgate: London will focus its future updates on strengthening community features.

Hellgate: London's future development direction will be focused on strengthening community features while maintaining the speedy and thrilling action game elements, as many users have wanted better community functionality for quite some time. HanbitSoft revealed the new content that is to be included in the next large-scale patch, which is expected to be released soon. In the upcoming update, HanbitSoft plans to combine the two game play modes, unifying the split two communities into one. Also planned are class balance improvements and differentiation of each of the 5 acts.

Comment

Think that's a pretty good thing - I always wanted to try this game out yet never quite got round to it. A free to play model will do me just fine ta.

Comment

more hoping they get the bugs ironed out....been waiting Long enough Lol....though ought to be thankful another company did take over the reigns

wish that happened with the vampire:the masquerade

Comment

major thread resurrection

So for the people who have not been following the game.Rights were bought by HanbitSoft and the game was altered and released in korea and i think it had a update called hellgate :resurrection with a addon called hellgate tokyo. There was a planned release in the west but that fizzled out ages ago

Anyway low and behold it has appeared on steam greenlight and was passed so will be interesting to see what they make of it. Though to be honest it really needs a lot of work to bring it up to scratch

Good article here
                        Last edited by eastyy; 14-09-2014, 13:00.

Comment

Working...
                        X