No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerry, I'm in the exact same place as you and have been trying for possibly and hour and thats on Hardened too. Tried everything you say, hiding at the other side of the map, standing right next to the guy, jumping about between places, I just cannot get past it.

One try I even thought I had done it,

I was 20m from the chopper and the car next to us blew up killing me with it!

I was GUTTED!

Stupid ****ing gamebreaking end of a level this is, how no-one else is struggling with it is beyond me as its a total prick!

Comment

Managed it EVENTUALLY. Any longer and I think the disc was going in the bin and I'm not joking, that was so frustrating! And the fact that the level before it was amazing fun too!

Comment

Never fear Rossco I have a dream ! nah a plan !

If you hide at the other end of the map, before you go lay loads of C4 so before you run back through you can clear a path of sorts.....

Then we're ****ed...

Respawning enemies is lazy design IMO, aslo annoying is thier uncanny ability to sniff you out even when you've been hiding the whole time....

ZOMG its luck I tell you LUCK !!!

Edit : Looks like its just me then
        Last edited by Gerry Helmet; 11-11-2007, 02:04. Reason: Dag nammit

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
          Managed it EVENTUALLY. Any longer and I think the disc was going in the bin and I'm not joking, that was so frustrating! And the fact that the level before it was amazing fun too!
          Fast & Hard Rossco - Fast & Hard

Comment

Just go in deep...and HARD.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet View Post
              Never fear Rossco I have a dream ! nah a plan !

If you hide at the other end of the map, before you go lay loads of C4 so before you run back through you can clear a path of sorts.....

Then we're ****ed...

Respawning enemies is lazy design IMO, aslo annoying is thier uncanny ability to sniff you out even when you've been hiding the whole time....

ZOMG its luck I tell you LUCK !!!

Edit : Looks like its just me then
              The way I did it was too go to the far left corner of the map (where the apartment doors are) and snipe from there till the first checkpoint (where the copters arrive)

After that I went to the hut closest to the ferris wheel and stayed there. Grenades and flash bangs get thrown at you but non entered the hut the entire time I was there. After that it was a mad dash to the cvapt and then to the heli.

Took me an hour or so of trying before I managed do do it (my method succeded on the second try)

Finished every level on veteran now apart from No Fighting in the War room (only managed hardened mode and it was a breeze)

Going to try to mop up the remaining achievements today (apart from the last 2 ones for veteran - No Fighting in the War Room and Sky Dive to safety)

I will do No Fighting in the War room on veteran though if it kills me

Comment

Finished this off on Normal last night. Easily the best FPS of the year for me. Such a full on cinematic experience! Will go back and attempt it on Veteran now.

Anyone having troubles getting the 3 in a row (the knife) achievement to unlock? I killed several in a row with the knife but it just WILL NOT unlock for me

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post

Anyone having troubles getting the 3 in a row (the knife) achievement to unlock? I killed several in a row with the knife but it just WILL NOT unlock for me
                  I did but I think it means in quick succession. I killed 5 in a row, even 6 in a row but there were seconds between them. When it finally unlocked I had killed within seconds of each other, literally 3 in a few seconds.

Comment

Hmm, ethically dubious plot with respawning enemies, eh? Order cancelled.

Comment

Respawning enemies are only on Veteran, I didn't get any on Normal.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post

I had this trouble too, you need to do it really quickly and i dont think you can take damage in between kills either, I got it on the opening level in the end, theres a guy that stumbles out drunk, you kill him then rush inside of where he came out from and there are two guys asleep... actualy really easy in the end....

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet View Post
                          This game is Ass on legendary much worse than COD2 or 3 the insane difficulty spikes make me wanna hurt IW's face.

any advice on the following would be great been at it for about 3 hours now

The last sniper bit when you have to defend the position awaiting for the stupid choppa to land that takes an enternity and the crippled scotsman with his stupid invincibility......

I've tried sticking next to him and I got really close then a dog mauled me
                          I've tried running to the other side of the map and hiding then trying to fight my way back to the ****ing cripple I Usually die

I dont understand why they do those parts with respawning wanking ****faces who have super human sniper machine guns that take you down from a mile away

Its a good game all the same, just Veteran which is a pain, MP is good but its no Halo3. Too many snipers and campers for my liking...
                          Pff that only took me the whole 3hours of my gametime yesterday to do its easy

What you need to do at the level restart with the sniper bit when you get down to floor level is nick one of the blokes machine guns for your pistol for a start (it wont be easy as you always get blokes charging between the 3 buses. I nailed that bit by chuck 2 C4s inbetween the two buses as I ran full pelt then ran back about blew em up as they charged then hug right wall around, chuck flashbang as theirs a load to your right then kill em and just run like crazy to the building (can be abit luck that bit if you get killed or not).

Ferris wheel I altered my plan to do it. When he tells you to lay C4 etc.. down just lay 2 on two good choke points on cars then run back and put one infront of you at the tree (the ferris wheel will be on your right its right at the back not far away from team mate) and one to the right of you then just get a good position and pick them off (if it gets manic and theirs some rush you just hide behind that tree switch to your machine gun and flashband close aim out and kill pop back in). Your looking for the checkpoint when it says choppers to do your dirty work.

When this happens run like crazy RIGHT behind the ferris wheel and theirs a gap between that and some dogems. You have to be REALLY quick on this bit because you have a load of choppers dropping troops. Wait for the heli on the right to drop troops and pick them off as they land as this is important as it will bide you time. Then run to the entrance of the dogems and lay a claymore at the steps. Lay more inside it facing Nw and E then run around the back and lay one behind it facing towards the ferris wheel (more if you have them but leave one spare) and all your C4s lay in their, on the ferris wheel floor and behind the trees at back of dodgems then run as far east away from that dogems (talking map wise from your team m8s position at that ridge all the way to the back right). If you go too far you will get a radiation warning. What point your looking for is a tree at the back right of the dodgems . You want to lay down behind this and face looking at the ferris wheel/ the dodgems next to it, the dodgems entrances and the white picket fence. The main areas they will come for you is the first steps on the dodgems where they will then run and stop top third of dogem and crouch to take aim their easy to get. Next lots will run past it so you can pick them off and stop behind a building/container because their trying to hit your teammate so you can pick em off their. The ones to watch are on the ferris wheel as they climb up and start shooting you. You will also get one or two what will make it around and they will lie down at the pack behind a tree trying to shoot you directly behind the ferris wheel. If they get any closer they get your claymore behind their. The one next to you you laid will be for the dog what spawn quite near the end if you hear it and the claymores gone switch to your gun and just look behind the back of the dodgems as it will run at you from their.

Your waiting on this section for the heli to arrive so when its close just start chucking any nades you have at the dogems and back area. The real pain with this level is when it lands you only have 30seconds to get your teammate pick him up and get him in the chopper. YOU CANNOT WAIT for the heli drop to pick them off so soon as it lands run like crazy shoot the trees behind the dodgems (as I got picked off first time and if you die you have to do this WHOLE section after he say incoming helis again) and pick off any bad guys behind the ferris wheel as their too busy fighting your allied drop (but they will shoot you in the back as soon as you pick the team mate up. Then just pray and run like crazy to the chopper. Job done )

I only did Ghillies level yesterday (or 2levels if you count the ferris bit after) got to be one of best FPS levels Ive ever played, the animation on the snipers, well just wow hehe!

Comment

I so could not be bothered to do all that ^ lol

Comment

I've never played a CoD game on veteran before, is it one shot one kill deaths?

Comment

Not always no but it is very hard and you will die very quickly if you aren't uber cautious.

Comment

Working...
                                X