No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid full price for the CE myself and I've neither touched the multiplayer, nor tried anything above Normal (although of course I'm not saying I won't ). I'm still very, very happy with it. Short, yes, wilfully old school, yes, but incredible. Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect don't measure up to this.

Comment

This is easily the game of the year, I played it non-stop on the 360 and since I kicked that thing out of the window on the Ps3. I actually prefer the sixaxis controller, its much better when getting used to (calling airstrikes with D-pad also).

The single player mode is easily worth it too. To me, it beat Bioshock and Halo 3 hands down. This game is full of F-- No! moments. Start on Hardened, or Veteran if you are a masochist and the game time will get to the 10 hour mark.

Comment

New Free-for-All changes...
        * Map Added to Rotation: Showdown - now available in map rotation.
        * Score Limit Change: 100 Points

Hate this, its crap now. Most games are over in about 5 minutes, maybe less. Put it back how it was IW!

Yep, you've ruined it. Bye COD4, it was good while it lasted. if you put it back how it was, I'll come back. In the meantime, my fav gamemode in it is utter ****. Pitiful, as it was one of the best online games this year.

Comment

What do you mean? I dont get the changes? Please explain mate.

Comment

For anyone else playing the PC version, 1.4 just went live.

CHANGES:

* "Winter Crash", a holiday version of Multiplayer map "Crash"
            * Improvements to the server browser
            * Fixed some rare bullet accuracy issues for all weapons.
            * For server admins: fixed user ban list not working correctly on servers. Ban.txt will be created in the main or fs_game directory

MOD SUPPORT:

* In the connect screen, Mods will be identified as"Mod: [mod name]"
            * Only official IWD files will be read from the main directory. All custom IWD should be placed in a mod directory.
            * Fix for reloading several times after connecting to a modded server
            * Improved mod.ff support to allow adding game types.
            * Fixed an issue with Http redirect downloads.
            * "fs_game" will be forced to lower case

Comment

Has anyone tried the new Mercenary Team Deathmatch? It says "no parties". Does that mean no parties can select it, or that parties will be split up during the match for balancing purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                What do you mean? I dont get the changes? Please explain mate.
                They have decreased the amount of points required to win a match. It used to be 150 points, which over 10 minutes allocated time, rarely got achieved unless you where playing against a super-player. So you got a good game at 10 minutes a piece.

Now its 100 points, which means some matches last about 5-6 minutes in length, and its very unsatisfying. I played a round yesterday and some guy got 100, the 2nd place person only got 35 and so-on. 5 minutes is not a long time to be playing to be honest, you spend about 2 minutes+ in the lobby waiting to get started.

Comment

Ah I see, well that is a bit **** isn't it.

and Charles, the Merc TD is for single players only, so clans and parties can't join and kick the arse out of 6 single players as they normally would, its just all randoms vs all randoms.

Comment

Shame. Would have been cool if you could fight against your own party members and randoms

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      Has anyone tried the new Mercenary Team Deathmatch? It says "no parties". Does that mean no parties can select it, or that parties will be split up during the match for balancing purposes?
                      From IW's forum details, I read it that no parties could join. It's solely for individuals to team up without going against clans or parties.

Comment

I prefer it, was doing it today when I would normally choose just team deathmatch. Seemed different and better the way people were playing.

And charles, it wouldn't really work to let you play against your mates in ranked matches, level up ahoy!!! I'll headshot you if you headshot me, etc etc!

Comment

Just had to pop into this thread to say wooohooo 1000/1000 definately one of the most satisfying ones I've ever done.

Comment

New map added by Infinity Ward for Christmas. (PC ONLY)Music: "The Wisdom of Snow" by the Trans Siberian OrchestraAccumulated Honors:#26 - Most Discussed (To...

Available for download for the PC apparently, hopefully it'll be added as DLC for the other versions as well.

Comment

Hello? I'm not sure if I'm in the right place? I was told there was a party but I'm a bit late...

Got this as a Xmas present and it's just as well I'd been staying away from all the info and this thread because otherwise I don't think I would have been able to wait.

I'm only up to the War Pig mission but I don't think I've ever been sucked in to a game as fast as CoD4 has managed. Talk about an amazing opening

Just amazing.

I'm led to believe it keeps getting better too and I really can't wait to play the rest of it.

Comment

Ya man, its awesome and never lets down one bit til the end!

And then there's online mode which is just sublime, and most of us have put an average of over a days play into it already!

Comment

Working...
                                X