No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But that was because you could only have 3 letters wasn't it? I mean, if it allowed 4 it would have been [NTSC] surely?

I sense two factions within the clan developing, hehehe.

Comment

Not complaining about the sole SP acheivements, it's a welcome change for me!

tell me someone has come across this cheat/unlock **WARNING SPOILERS IN LINK**: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=549

Comment

Cheats unlock when you complete the game, 3 of them. There are others you unlock others ways.

The film noir one is unlockable after completion, but I don't think that's the one you mention.

Comment

I think it's unlocked through some sort of shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
            But that was because you could only have 3 letters wasn't it? I mean, if it allowed 4 it would have been [NTSC] surely?

I sense two factions within the clan developing, hehehe.
            Even better.

[N-UK] ?

Without the UK bit, I fear we are losing our identity!

lol!

Comment

Bravo I say, keep achievements away from multiplayer, or if not, make them player matches only where people can whore with their mates and not bother us.
              You mean like this ?

and this

and this

Seriously - I think you're starting to lose sight of the point of achievements if that's how you feel - they bring people together to play towards a common goal that's what teamwork is all about.
              Last edited by Yoshimax; 08-11-2007, 08:57.

Comment

No Yoshi. That was an idea to get 4 friends on a team in ranked matches and play the game normally though enabling the opportunity to get the achievements. We weren't asking our opponents to stand still and let us headshot them, or did you miss this bit in your haste to have a (unneccesary to be ****ing honest) dig?

Originally posted by Jebus
                Let me make one thing straight, this is not gonna involve us lining up and taking each other out, these will be proper matches but basically it'll be like playing each other as normal only we can get the achievements whilst doing it.
                Is it my turn now by the way? Have you exhausted your other targets? What the hell is your problem?

I'm not "losing sight of achievements" at all, I just don't like playing a match and being asked by someone "Hey dude, can you like, just stand still for a bit, I wanna get this achievement". If people are forced to do that, I feel it's poorly implemented. I've never liked the fact gears has ranked only achivements because as imply, I myself would like to gain them whilst playing with "friends".

Some games, the achievements can spoil the game. I find CoD4 online such a pure experience (despite being crap at it) that I'm glad there is nothing more than the game itself to play and "worry" about. I also thinks it's quite admirable they decided to go this route (no online achievements) as I'm sure MS love the online ones, obviously because of LIVE.
                Last edited by Jebus; 08-11-2007, 09:05.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                  Even better.

[N-UK] ?

Without the UK bit, I fear we are losing our identity!

lol!

It does and i have mine at NtSc guys catchablecloud is gamertag Lvl 22
                  Last edited by Lok; 08-11-2007, 09:19.

Comment

Sooooo, with the online in this are ranked and player matches separate? What benefits do you get from ranked games?

Comment

Hubba hubba... once this drops through the door today I'm going to give it a good rinsing.

Is progress saved via a checkpoint system or can you save as and when you want?

Comment

I think you can save when you want to be honest, the checkpoints are spaced so well that when I did dip in and out, I didn't notice if it was precicely where I'd saved. You'll never save in the middle of a mission though, just won't happen!

Swallow, I didn't notice them being ranked or player matches, just private or not private.

Comment

Excellent, the way it should be. Take away the online achievements, take away all the idiots whoring. It's the way forward afaic.

Comment

Yeah another admirer of the lack of multiplayer achievements here too!

They have implemented a great upgrade and achievement style system in game for multiplayer so thats even better anyway and works so well.

Although I'm not looking forward to starting again at scratch and getting back up to where I was in the Beta!

Comment

Hopefully my copy should be waiting for me when I get home. Really looking forward to this.

Definitely up for some NTSC-UK clan action too. 'N-UK' or er.. 'NTSC' for the win!

Comment

Swallow, I didn't notice them being ranked or player matches, just private or not private.
                                Groovy, ta Jebus.

Comment

Working...
                                X