No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I'm hating Martyrdom, Last Stand and Juggernaut right now, even worse when we mostly play Hardcore games now. It makes me furious when I kill someone with juggernaut, throughout all the lag I'm having for them to drop to the floor and finish me with last stand. It's ridiculous.

But yeh, playing Hardcore is so much better and making the game last alot longer for me now.

I've currently got gold Desert Eagle, Draganov and M60 and going for the SMG and Assault Rifle ones too now, but not really forcing them, just let it come with time.

I've never prestiged either, after over 8 days of play, still on 1st prestige. Makes people think you are ****, then you blow them away.

Good point though Monkey, I would love some new maps or gametypes or something to freshen it up or remove the perks that annoy the **** out of everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      What do the gold weapons do? ive come across loads of gold cross players, cant say ive ever noticed special gold weapons though?
      Gold Weapons, e.g AK47 mean you have completed all the challenges for a class of weapon. SMG class gets you the Gold AK47. It kust looks better, but is no more powerful tahn a standard gun.

They are a task to get (I have three of them)

So someone who has played for that long doesn;t need the addtional aids, hence my moan!

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
        Have to moan.

Bloody gold cross players LVL 55, playing with gold wepaons still using juggernaught and last stand why!!!!!

Useless gits, probably neaky kids.......

Ah, that's better.

Still wish IW would sort out this though!

Juggernaut and last stand are good perks if going for a high kill rate.I suppose we all have our favourites, mines is bomb squad, uav jammer and silence with silenced p90 and gold desert eagle. My customs are all set up for search an destroy(best mode). And yes I put myself through the 10 prestiges, it was a chore but worth it

Comment

Another vote for more needed maps here! The support for this game really sucks. I'm even thinking that with COD5 round the corner additional maps may hinder the success of 5. From a publisher's point of view. Am I right?

Comment

Yeah I suppose with a series of games where there's almost one every year there is less need to support it long term, where as a game like Halo comes every 3 or so years it's more important to keep the interest up. Surely it makes financial sense to bang out a few maps at a reasonable price every so often when you have such a large user base.

Comment

What is it with people purposely team killing after being accidentally team killed themselves? It hardly ever happened, but recently I've been team killed quite a few times after someone has strayed into my line of fire or a grenade has had a awkward bounce. I really don't see the point of it as it just hampers the chances of the team winning the match and netting a decent amount of experience points.

Comment

Yeah I know it irritates the **** outta me. Usually if your in a game and you talk away to people and help them out, then if you do accidentaly teamkill, I'll make a deal about saying sorry, etc and they usually accept it as it happens.

But when you get the odd wee dick who thinks it's only fair to go and kill you too just when your about to get a helicopter, then that can ruin the fun!

One thing we've found happening alot though recently, is team players names not coming up on screen in hardcore quickly enough or at all, resulting in you teamkilling for that! I'm pressing start all the time now to see the mini map there which shows where my team are so why can't they just have a map for your team all the time on screen so you don't have to press start to see it!

Comment

Yeah the player names not showing is a magor flaw I think.

Comment

Yeah I've noticed team names don't show when looking through chain link fences or grating, which can be bloody annoying on some levels.

Comment

Has anyone noticed that some players are changing there gamertag in game

"On the bottom left of the screen it shows xx has changed his name to XXX"

When I checked it out the guy in my team had changed his name and also had a new rank, so in effect it was his gamertag.

How and why do they do this - is it to do with boosting stats or something?

Comment

I know you can change your clan tag, I wouldn't have thought this would affect your rank though. Maybe he changed his clan tag to reflect a new rank? There's some clans out there that take this **** very seriously.

Comment

Never seen that in the 8 days I've put into this game! Weird!

Was playing the other night and was gettin more and more frustrated. Was dying all the time and just kept sprinting into battle as soon as I spawned causing me to die over and over again! So decided to mix it up with the Create-a-class and went for UAV jammer, Silencer and steady aim with my AK74-u as I'm half way through the headshots for SMG's to get the gold one. And it works a treat!

Never used UAV Jammer before properly but it's great,people just run right by you without seeing you and you can shoot them in the back all the time, it's great! Must be annoying as hell for them though.

Not really playing Hardcore much anymore though, just Domination all the time now. And won't play by myself, only when a few of my mates are on as it makes so much better when everyone is talking and discussing tactics rather than bitching 14 year old Americans.

Comment

From Thursday the Variety Map Pack will be available at the lower price of $4.99 and will remain this way until September 25. There's also the chance for PS3 gamers to rack up some XP in a double XP weekend which will run Friday - Sunday.

EDIT: US only, I assume.

Comment

I was playing this on Monday night (for the first time in ages) and somewhat randomly, all of the games I was playing had double points!

Think I'll be getting back into this again now that I've nearly finished GTA. Thought, I was going to be a little rusty after not playing for so long, but I got straight back into kicking arse with my auto shotgun! I love this game online.

Comment

I finally got the 360 Variety Map Pack at the weekend while it was 400 MS Points.

Comment

Working...
                                X