No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did though, happened every game I joined. Was worse than any lag I've had before, was really weird. Not to worry.

Comment

There's a huge influx of rapid fire controller users on this and it's very frustrating when you meet a team of them.

Comment

Don't think I've seen any using it yet. Would be annoying as hell though I imagine!

Comment

Can't say I've come across rapid fire users yet either. However, after seeing a few vids of them being used on youtube it does indeed look like it would be very annoying.

I've gone straight back onto CoD4 again after a brief stint on the CoD5 beta. The difference is immense... CoD4 just feels a lot tighter, the levels are better designed and the weapons just feel more balanced.

Comment

Basically, anyone using a pistol or G3 that sounds like a machine gun has got one. I get accused of modding because I use the G3 a lot (I'm going for red tiger with it) and can pump it quite fast, vicar. Frequently, this is mistaken for modded but it's not difficult at all.

Comment

Wait, what? You can get other gold weapons apart from the DE?

Comment

Eh yeah, I've got gold Druganov, Mini-Uzi and M60. Didn't you know that!

Comment

Nope! I just stick to the M16, red dot and red camo. Its great from short to long range combat situtations. Nothing more satisfying than taking out a sniper with a assaulr rifle. Also: sniper rifles suck.

I haven't actually played COD4 mutiplayer for like a month or two. Might be time to jump back into it....or the COD5 beta.

Comment

just started going through the game on Veteran and really enjoying it not as bad as I thought it'd be. some bits are a pain but managable in the end. On shock and awe just now. feels quite fresh as I completed it last Nov so some bits feel new to me also im tracking down the last of the intel i missed.

I am NOT looking forward to the last part of "All ghillied up" level, it was bad enough on regular

Comment

Originally posted by anephric View Post
                      Basically, anyone using a pistol or G3 that sounds like a machine gun has got one.
                      well, the G3 basically is a machine gun. so why the devs chose not to set it on full-auto fire by default or, even better, include a fire mode switch is beyond me.

did Treyarch a better job with World at War?

Comment

I've not been on this much recently but whenever I do it seems that people are even worse for camping and being cheap. Is that just my imagination?

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeMeAKipper View Post
                          I've not been on this much recently but whenever I do it seems that people are even worse for camping and being cheap. Is that just my imagination?
                          Yep noticed it too, camping is probably evolving to be one of those things you have to do to get kills because everyone else does. I rarely camp, although I've been known to guard the upper loft of the farmhouse on Overgrown. claymore at each entrance, machine gun for snipers in the barn and helis, window to the left for other kills.

I am on my first prestige and just got the P90 back, oh how I've missed it.

Comment

People that say you should just run around willy and indeed nilly are missing the point somewhat in CoD4 - sure, on Vacant, Wet Work and whatnot fair enough, but on Crash, Overgrown and such you're asking for it. Defending a room and claymore-ing the stairs is not camping.

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                            well, the G3 basically is a machine gun. so why the devs chose not to set it on full-auto fire by default or, even better, include a fire mode switch is beyond me.
                            Because IW chose to let it pack a fair wallop with a single shot - having burst (a la the M16) would make it ridiculously overpowered. Plus, CoD4 only gives you a tiny amount of ammo for it without bandolier. I suppose they just made a gameplay decision with it - to make it a semi-snipey sort of thing.
                            Last edited by anephric; 21-10-2008, 14:18.

Comment

I've noticed quite a few campers in free for all. They tend to stop at the top of stairways, waiting for somebody to walk in front of their crosshairs.

I usually make a point of going after these feckers though and a well timed/cooked grenade through a window usually deals with them.

Comment

I don't mind snipers camping as that's kind of the point but it annoys me when people just keep going to the same spot on a map over and over again. I like to keep moving around the map, trying not to stay in one place too often. Isn't the kill-cam supposed to encourage that?

I came up against a team the other day, all Level 10 Prestige, all using M16 with red-dot and Stopping Power (i.e. a one-hit kill most of the time). What's the point in that? Sure, they absolutely annihilated the team I was on, but isn't half the fun experimenting with different weapons and perks?

Still preferable to COD5 though I'm sorry to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X