Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
    Played this online today, and I think I am going to stick to GoW2. Just too fast paced for me. If I was a teenager, maybe my reactions would be good enough but I am nearly 35 so it's a slippery slope downhill from now on. I loved the single player though, when I played it last year.
    I am 50 yrs old, have maxed out prestige and now have Gold Cross, Gold Guns, 147,000 kills, do NOT let your age stop you!

Comment

im 32 and get 'what?! your 32 and still playing video games?!'

...ok kid, i'll stop because of my age...

Comment

Played this online for the first time last night. Really good fun! Despite not knowing any maps and having the basic weapon options I held my own.

I did airstrike my own team though, not sure if any of them died.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
          Played this online for the first time last night. Really good fun! Despite not knowing any maps and having the basic weapon options I held my own.

I did airstrike my own team though, not sure if any of them died.
          You can only team kill in the 'Team Hardcore' mode. If you were just playing Team Deathmatch you'll be fine... friendly fire is set to off.

Comment

double XP this weekend, and apparently new Hardcore Headquarters playlist is up, though havent tried it yet.

Comment

Finally got my 200,000 Kills !!! (PS3), 200,014 to be precise

Games played 10,811

Average kills per game: 18.5

Time Played: 1,185 hours

Now for MW2!

Comment

Jesus!

Comment

^ I thought I was hardcore. I got waaay too bored of this before anything like that many hours, though. Plus I got distracted by World at War. If they'd released some more map packs for CoD4, though...

Comment

Well the HACKERS have finally ruined online for COD4 on 360 and PS3. The new hack (using the save file) allows the player to 'float' all over the map, he can shoot and kill others but in most cases you can't shoot them. Twats are hiding in areas behind walls, under the floor etc etc. It is not all noobs either.

Hopefully it will be fixed, but given IW are focussed on MW2, I doubt it.

Comment

Anybody had connection issues the last couple of days?

I'm using a wireless connection and every game I played yesterday kept getting that 'connection interupted' message flashing up on the screen.

It's pretty annoying as everything was fine on Tuesday / Wednesday.

Maybe it has something to do with the new dash beta?

Comment

hacking C***s are all at it now. Game ruined

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
                          hacking C***s are all at it now. Game ruined
                          Have they hacked the 360 version? I thought you couldn't download and use save files on the 360?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenballs View Post
                            Have they hacked the 360 version? I thought you couldn't download and use save files on the 360?
                            360 hacked AND World at War!!!

Comment

Maybe Activision, MS or IW have let their guard down a bit with the old COD's due to Modern Warfare 2 being just around the corner.

The same thing is happening to Team Fortress 2 on 360. Most of the games you join have been significantly hacked to the point of changing the whole map by blocking off paths with certain assests, or making the host have god mode/infinite stealth as a spy etc.

If something like that was ever attempted with Halo 3, they would be banned in an instant, but it just shows how little the dev's are watching some online games now. I am suprised it's happening with COD4 though, especially that it's so popular still, and the sequel isn't out just yet.
                              Last edited by Malc; 03-08-2009, 08:28.

Comment

My mate was telling me about this today. He went on COD4 over the weekend & ppl were just floating way up in the air, so high that u could barely see them, or were hiding inside crates so that they could see u but not u them.

This is really bad tbh. I was about to jump back into both COD4 & WAW but if this is all I'm gonna get I can see myself losing it bigtime which will spoil the hrs of enjoyment both have given me.

The ppl that use these hacks are spoiling it for the rest of us who just want to have some fun but in a fair way. They should be booted permanantly imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X