Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
    this is what I wanted Gears of war to be like
    To be set in a jungle with an Indiana Jones style premise?

Last edited by EvilBoris; 11-11-2007, 20:33.

Comment

LOL @ that box shot This is totally different to Gears. Only the cover system is similar and both games do it really well but their settings and gameplay styles are totally different. I guess it would of been cool to see Marcus jumping along ledges though

Comment

lovely looking game, slick presentation but I couldn't get on with the shooting mechanics.

damn games and their 900 buttons nowadays its very nice though

Comment

Looks like that's another one I'll be pre-ordering then.

Absolutely love it! Thankfully I start a new job with a massive pay rise soon, as there are so many games I have to get. Shame I'll have so little time to play them

Comment

looks lovely in HD andy, get that LCD will ya

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
              looks lovely in HD andy, get that LCD will ya
              Will do, but ya'know, gf wants to go on holiday next month, then xmas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
                Will do, but ya'know, gf wants to go on holiday next month, then xmas.....
                Wave her goodbye & get the locks changed!

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                  LOL @ that box shot This is totally different to Gears. Only the cover system is similar and both games do it really well but their settings and gameplay styles are totally different. I guess it would of been cool to see Marcus jumping along ledges though
                  To be honest, Gears is the game this reminded me of the most. Crossed with Tomb Raider. I hate to pigeonhole games but the way the grenade throwing is designed, the weapons "menu" and the weapon combat itself is utterly ripped from Gears. Chuck in Tomb Raider platforming and you have Uncharted.

Not that I'm complaining, hell that's a good combination, but I'm just saying it REALLY made me think of Gears.

Comment

The Controls in this arent quite as intuitive as Gears, though to be honest I dont think the games are that simular at all, this is much more just like a Tomb Raider that has implemented the gears of war style shooting mechanics into it, which to be honest is a pretty damn good thing to implement into your game.

I cant see the game being as shooting focused as the demo suggests either. Especialy considering the variety its deveoper usualy manages to instill into its games.

Comment

This was everything I wanted from gears and tomb raider but better with no flaws to ruin it (so far)

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                        lovely looking game, slick presentation but I couldn't get on with the shooting mechanics.

damn games and their 900 buttons nowadays its very nice though
                        Eh? As far as shooting goes there are three buttons, cover, aim and shoot... not exactly rocket science. You make it sound like a flight sim, like I said earlier the combat isnt exactly as intuative as gears, but its not really complex either.

When is this out btw?

Comment

Just to add my tuppence worth.

Really, really enjoyed the demo. Have had it on pre-order for a while and was hoping it would capture that original tomb raider/big adventure feel and it seems like it's getting there.

Loved the atmosphere and the combat, which I wasn't too fussed about (bring on the environmental puzzles/climbing) was very enjoyable. Special note to the music and sfx to accentuate the atmosphere.

Looking fwd to gettign stuck into the whole thing soon...

Comment

I found the combat improved dramatically after replaying the demo a few times. Once you start getting used to the controls and how best to aim and whatnot, it really becomes much more enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                            X