MX Vs ATV Untamed (Demo - 360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX Vs ATV Untamed (Demo - 360)

Just got this downloaded and had a quick blast - it's up there with the best of the series from what I've seen so far

The handling is pretty much as before, the framerate seems rock solid and the amount of detail on the track is incredible surrounded by skyscrapers with trucks & vehicles driving on the roads etc. 12 riders on track so it's pretty damn hectic and I didn't see any slowdown during my session.

I said already in headlines I doubt it'll be a big seller but I'm really glad they're making another - xbox live play could be a blast in the big wide open environments setting your own checkpoints and blasting round it

this seems OK but wouldn't go much further than that.

apart from a little polish can't see much difference from the last gen xbox version with the bikes, have to say i found the off road buggies level too long and the track really dull (why give you an off road buggy in the demo then have a huge section of the track paved ?)

buggies didn't have an in car view either which annoys me.

framerate seems quite smooth and handling is ok but on first play nothing that makes me feel I need to buy it.

Comment

Same as Yoshi quite liked this, have liked the series for a while.

Nice to have a "non-serious" racer now and again.

Demo went up for it on the USA PSN last night so will be able to compare the two this evening.

Comment

This is still too floaty for me, but at least the sense of speed has ramped right up. That supercross course was a big improvement over the xbox version I thought.

Comment

I thought this was totally brilliant personally, but then I'm a total fanboy of all the previous Rainbow Studio MX/ATV games. It controlled perfectly and played beautifully and I am already impatient for it to be released. I really hope they chuck in bi-planes and stuff like in the MX only game (Unleashed?).

The buggy was horrible though.

It was slow as crap, didn't feel like I was really in contact with the road, and was the only level I didn't finish. I don't really care cause if it's that bad I'll just avoid them anyway. They were well done in the other games there were in though so I hope they can be restored to their former style.

Having a quick load in of your vehicle and a little stunt track to mess around in while you wait for the load? Genius.

Also, PLEEEESE let there be an online version of the ATV Ice Hockey from ATV2. No the aborted trash that passed for the same game in the Climax game ATV3, they totally destroyed all that was good about it. Just directly copy over the ATV2 game and I will personally buy a copy of the game for a friend so I have someone to constantly play with online.

Comment

Anyone get the full game of this then?

It's ok, handling is far too twitchy, feels like I'm controlling a videogame bike rather than thrashing about on a supercross track ala Excitebike. Only the MX and ATVs are any good (ATVs better for the open stuff) and even then the twitchyness is jarring.

Overall, it's fine but pretty boring. Feels like a big rehash more than anything else, and for all the simulation aspect the jumps are surely ridiculous. On the plus side, it's wet my appetite big time for a more arcadey (or even a more brash) off-roading/MX game so if someone releases that they'll have my cash for sure. It's off to the classifieds for this one shortly I think (btw it IS region free).

Comment

Is it out here in PAL land ?

Comment

Nope, couple of weeks ago in the States. Not out here till March.

Comment

Working...
                X