No announcement yet.

Winning Eleven 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have noticed that a yellow(?) symbol sometimes appears at the bottom of the screen. Does anyone know what this symbolises? I would guess either a player who is offside or a man who is about to make a free run?

I've only played as England so far and I found that David James was really erratic. He came out on more than one occasion and missed a vital punch. I'm not sure if this is a universal trait of the game or just it being realistic .

Comment

Originally posted by goldbricker
      I have noticed that a yellow(?) symbol sometimes appears at the bottom of the screen. Does anyone know what this symbolises? I would guess either a player who is offside or a man who is about to make a free run?

I've only played as England so far and I found that David James was really erratic. He came out on more than one occasion and missed a vital punch. I'm not sure if this is a universal trait of the game or just it being realistic .
      It means the referee is playing the advantage mate.

Comment

'Latest Japanese Review Scores' (Famitsu?) :

Winning Eleven 7 36/40 (10,8,8,10)

From Magic Box.

Comment

Advantage? Hooray... game needs a bit of that and not blowing when you've a break on and can continue. All they need to do now is introduce less robotic like linesmen for offsides
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

All I can say on the game is WOW. 5 star Winning Eleven 7 is the best thing thats happened to my ps2 in a while, and the multiplayer is stupidly addictive. Everything about is just so good, the animation is amazing and the ability at last to unleash proper volleys is a godsend. The tricks are also a great addition, i thought at first they would over take the game but thats not the case. My favorite trick being the little knock the ball over your head (and the opponents) into the opposite direction, a la Gazza in euro 96

Also, with the fact that in the Kit Edit mode there are the correct kits for nearly all the teams, and that your can transfer players between clubs (you must unlock this option, its the 10'000 WEN item in the WE-Shop) I really dont need any patches, except maybe a translation, as Master League is a nightmare, and as Im only starting to learn Katakana, its a rather slow translation process

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
              Advantage? Hooray... game needs a bit of that and not blowing when you've a break on and can continue. All they need to do now is introduce less robotic like linesmen for offsides
              It's actually gotten better mate. You've got handballs in there as well now.

I "tripped" a player who was one-on-one with my keeper and the ref played the advantage. Git.

He didn't score though.

Comment

So where is the best place to pick this and a modded PS2 up?

My P*L gamecube, freeloader and we6FE will soon be off to the great games heap in the sky.

Comment

Taken from another board.

Ok u must have a we6fe options file on ure memory card.

Goto options the last available menu.
                  In options click on the first item, then click on the first item again.
                  then goto the bottom item that says WE6FE(o) then click on the first item again , at this point some wierd menu will come up just click ok , on the next menu just click on the second item.

And you should end up with most of the names translated.
                  I tried this today and it works a treat.

*Edit* You must have a translated WE6FE save on your memory card

Comment

I have a question. BUt first I need to clarify something:

Winning Eleven 6 - Pro Evo 2 right? I'm not a big follower of footie games mainly because all the ones I've played to date (including PES2) are severly flawed (in my opinion of course), so before I ask about WE7 best to confirm I'm starting from the right place!

PES2 was almost there. Almost a great game. But the 'frozen player' syndrome cost me several matches in single player and multi-player and spoiled the game utterly for me. I just had too many games where there was a 1 goal difference and 1 of the oppositions goals was scored by one of my players being rooted to the spot after I'd passed the ball. In my opinion a bug, and an unforgivable one (its like a shooter where your ship doesn't always respond to your controller and you lose a life due to it). I can forgive dodgy graphics. I can forgive awful commentary. But not flaws in the control system. Its my main link to the game and essential that its consistent in a game such as this. And if wrong, well, why bother.

So my question is - is this fixed? When you pass the ball to a player are there still situations where he remains rooted to the spot allowing an AI or human opponent to run across and nick the ball. Or is this fixed?

If fixed then I may invest. And join the hordes worshipping at this particular altar.

If not then not a chance. They've had several versions to fix this bug and haven't and I'm buggered if I'm chancing my money again till I know for sure.

Comment

I know what you mean, i know when i play football if you don't meet the ball, you don't get the ball and the same happens in WE6:FE all the time, then if you play a through ball instead it never just goes a nice few yards in front, it just ends up curling towards a defender. The over the top through ball is worse it doesn't seem to take into account that theres an edge of the pitch :P

Still its easily the best footy game

Comment

This glitch doesn't happen in WE6 or WE6 FE, come to think of it.

I know what you mean when the frozen player bug happens. It happened to me a few times when i had PES2 (which i subsequently gave back, and played the older WE6)

I would assume this does not happen in WE7 since the previous incarnations have yet to encounter this. Plus i haven't heard of anything related to this, reading from numerous other forums with WE7 being playtested.

*Edit*
                        Just re-read ish's post. I was going on about something different... when this glitch happens the player is fixated on the spot and acting erratically. This is what i meant beforehand. Not the through-ball thing.

As for the, pass > player does not move > opposition intercepts the ball. I found that if you move your target man towards the ball he should move towards the ball, instead of being a spectator.

Comment

I tried that he still just stands there, is there anyway take the computer control away from the player? I'm playing on cube so button might be different.

Comment

Originally posted by g-funk
                            Taken from another board.

Ok u must have a we6fe options file on ure memory card.

Goto options the last available menu.
                            In options click on the first item, then click on the first item again.
                            then goto the bottom item that says WE6FE(o) then click on the first item again , at this point some wierd menu will come up just click ok , on the next menu just click on the second item.

And you should end up with most of the names translated.
                            I tried this today and it works a treat.

*Edit* You must have a translated WE6FE save on your memory card
                            How much is translated? Im more bothered about menus tbh, but player names, stats would be most welcome!

Comment

Just player names, no stats. Handy for making subs, and seeing who's on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Roost
                                I tried that he still just stands there, is there anyway take the computer control away from the player? I'm playing on cube so button might be different.
                                When you select which side you want your player to be on. In the PS2 version there's an option on the left that lets you select how much control you have over switching between players (you adjust it be pressing L1 or R1)

Does it not have that option on the cube version?

I always set mine to 2 bars, i think the default is about 4/5 bars, this helps you get to the ball alot quicker by being able to gain control of a selected player quicker, which in turn can help the freezing playing syndrome.

Oh yeah and WE 7 is the shiznit, the best definitely just got better

Comment

Working...
                                X