No announcement yet.

Winning Eleven 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm playing on one bar and still get plenty of "frozen man" syndrome during games... so go figure
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Another dumb question for ya'll

Do patched editions translate everything (including options menus), only certain things, or merely players' names?

Comment

It depends which patch you get...

The last few patches that were released for WE6FE translated more or less everything in game, all menus and all player names and even added new kit graphics and menu music.

The cycle of patches tends to start with main menus being translated followed by the player names it's a kind of on-going process.

Comment

Cheers, Goldbricker. I wondered if parts of the game were coded in such a way as to be locked into Japanese, but obviously not. Sweet.

Comment

aye as goldb said on the ps2 the patches for wefe translate all the game into english (there are also italian language patches and i've seen a french language patch where some of the commentary is also in french)

i am sure there are other language versions aswell.

not only is the language edited but a good example of the other things edited are (wedoit 3 patch)-

- New players database for nationals and clubs teams (totally rebuilt)
            - All teams formation data (schemes, kickers, etc.) updated to now
            - 6 New club teams [Werder B., Porto, Benfica, Lyon, A.Madrid, Betis S.]
            - New uniform kits for nationals and clubs
            - Fix of all 105 teams uniform numbers/names colors & styles
            - Fix of: Scotland uniform front number
            - Fix of: radar bullets colors
            - New real chants for all the teams
            - Edit of grass design for all the stadiums (excepts 3)

the wedoit homepage is a good place to start.

lets hope they are working on a patch for we7.

Comment

For REAL WE players you should have the controller setting to Manual, Auto just cocks things up in my opinion. Manual means you have complete control over play selection and movement, Auto means that player kinda pop off and do there own thang mid run, which makes me angry.

Regarding the through balls and stuff (this is gonna seem pedantic) but quite frankly if you've ever seen a real game where the through balls work every time you must have been watching women's football (condecending). If through balls, or chipped though balls etc worked every single time it'd be crap. You might as well be playing FIFA if you want a game like that.

Comment

You can control "stuck" players. On PS2 you hold R1+R2. On the Cube i believe it's R+Z. On a PS2 pad i learnt to hold my fingers over both R buttons so i could do this instantly. Really improves the game when you get the hang of it.

As for WE7 , i've posted my thoughts over at RLLMUK...

Comment

And for those too lazy to click.....

Well after about 5 hours of multiplayer and several games against the CPU play I can safely say that Winning Eleven 7 is the best version yet. At first it feels very different because they have revamped dribbling, but you soon get used to it and start pulling of some amazing moves. Here’s a list of changes:

Roulette – Rotate R-Stick to do a Zidane-like spin. Very pretty buy any player can do it which is ridiculous.

Manual passing – Because of the Roulette, to do manual passing with the R-Stick you now have click it in. At first I thought KCET had lost their minds but it’s actually a lot better. You push the R-Stick fully in the direction you want to pass then click in R3. The power bar increases for the length of time you hold in R3 giving you more accuracy. It also means you can adjust the angle of pass before you click it in.

Overhead flick – If the ball is coming at you about chest height you press the opposite direction and your player will flick it with his boot over his head and chase it.

Side-step – Fantastic new side-step move. As with old side-step hold R2 and tap to the side and immediately let go of the d-pad/L-Stick. This will make your player continue to run sideways with the ball. From here you can pass, sprint whatever, which looks ace and causes confusion (at least for human opponents). You can also pull off the…

Drag-back – Once you are running sideways press the opposite direction to which you are facing and your player will walk backwards continually dragging the ball back. Simply superb!

Volleys & Headers – Both of these look and feel much better.

Throw-ins – Much, much better. Now you control the receiver and can throw to his feet or throw long, over his head.

Passing – Feels nicer, through balls seem better. Players can do impressive little lay-offs.

Defending - There is less tugging of the arms when battling with attackers but there is still loads of hussling. Feels great, you can really get stuck-in.

Dribbling - Players seem to carry more weight but can shift it around better. Dragging the ball is now commonplace and switching between dribbling speeds offers so much variety. L1 dribble is there but it doesn’t look as silly as in WE6FE. Gives really close control which is ideal when a couple of defenders are closing you down.

Animations – Loads of new things like tacking side-on to get a foot-in, controlling a bouncing ball by hooking a leg over it, attackers try to block a clearance by jumping towards the defender turning their back mid-air. You know the score, the little things that improve the game immensely and make it more realistic.

Referee – Still makes bad decisions like if you slide across the attackers path and he runs into your outstretched leg it’s still a foul. However, the ref will now play-on if a foul is committed but the attacking team still have the ball which is great. Handballs are also given which is a bit dubious because at no point can you “deliberately” handle the ball, it’s always accidental.

Graphics – Improved all round. Better looking menus too.
                  Sound – Better music and crowd effects. (Not holding my breath for the English commentary though, Kabira still repeats himself 3 times over on occasion.)

Replays – Can be done at any time! So now you can save your bit of midfield wizardry. The only problem with it is if the ball goes out of play (from a shot, for instance) you have to be mighty quick to press pause otherwise you cannot see anything from before it went out of play.

Overall the game is immense. The new dribbling is superb but it needs to be because defenders are much tougher to get past. Against the CPU they close down very quickly and it's really hard to make space on the higher levels. Everything flows more too. Attackers can recover much quicker if they lose the ball so two players can battle it out several times, each losing then regaining the ball.

Basically guys if you liked the previous versions, you need this game! I got it from Lik-Sang for about ?50 then got stung another ?20 on import tax. Still, it's worth every penny! I'll report back if i find anything that i've missed.
                  Nice impressions by the way, Ill try out some of these moves the next time I have the time to sit down with WE7 again.

Comment

Hi guys, just a couple of quick questions. Is it widescreen and does it support progressive scan?
                    Cheers, Jason

Comment

What about the crosses?

Are they fired in a la golden balls or do they still hang in the air for an eternity?

(This was the one area of the game that needed clearing up the most IMHO)

Oh and while I am here - do players making more intelligent runs of the ball, especially when attacking?

Cheers

Comment

Reef: what version are you reffering to regarding crossing?

I can think of about 7 ways you can cross the ball in WE6 onwards.....tried them all?

Comment

I guess it's regarding Pro Evo 2 morethan WE6 - wanting to see if the crosses had changedmuch in WE7.

I know there are several ways of crossing the ball, but not one which will really whip the ball in at speed into the centre of the box from say 15 yards past the half way line. Ideally so both sets of forwards and defenders are running towards goal when the ball arrives rather than already waiting there (for at least a second) in position for the ball to land on the heads.

Comment

If you hold down L1 and press Circle, it'll do just that.

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
                              If you hold down L1 and press Circle, it'll do just that.
                              I know, but still not fast enough for my liking.

I want the ball fired in, bobby carlos style at times!!

Still does anyone know how the crossing has changed in WE7?

Comment

I tend to use L1+Double Tap O, which whips it in a speed for me some of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X