No announcement yet.

Winning Eleven 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reef: are you actually using Roberto Carlos? Cos if you don't it aint gonna happen, I too find the double tap the best Bleeders, mind you the AI never seems to beable to cope with it anyways, looks good though.

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
      Reef: are you actually using Roberto Carlos? Cos if you don't it aint gonna happen, I too find the double tap the best Bleeders, mind you the AI never seems to beable to cope with it anyways, looks good though.
      Agreed.

I use it quite a lot, more so than a few of my regular opponents, but it finds it's intended target more often than not for me and looks superb when you have a player running onto it or smacking it on the volley.

Comment

Never used the L1 + double Tap O

Will give that a try

Cheers for the advice Bleeders and JibberX

Comment

Anyone got theirs from Tok yet?

I'm dying to play this now

Comment

I was debating getting this and then I saw movies on IGN and I really want it. Its going to have to wait a bit though my plate is full.

Edit they seem to be slagging it off some folks that is at Evo web forums. Which appears to be home of the biggest avatars on the web.

Comment

am i going mad?
              or does this game pause for a split second every 10 seconds when playing in wide view?!?

it started driving me crazy as it became really noticable....

arggh...

Comment

Very minorly off topic here and I swear I'm not a fan of his but I'm just curious but is Beckham in the Real Madrid side and if so which position is he in?

So looking forward to getting this game real soon!

Comment

Real Madrid will probably use him

central midfielder in between Zidane and Figo with Makele behind them or

use him in right midfield with Figo moving to left midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by DCharlie
                    am i going mad?
                    or does this game pause for a split second every 10 seconds when playing in wide view?!?

it started driving me crazy as it became really noticable....

arggh...
                    You may have encountered the "stutter" bug as many are deeming it over at the Evo-Web forums. Apparently, there are issues with WE7 on older PS2's.

Comment

I have a first model Jap PS2 (10000 model), and have not noticed this. Yes it does get a bit jerky every now and again, but so did WE5 and WE6 (and for that matter WE3 and WE4 on the PS1).

The only problem I have ever had with my PS2 is with opening sequence of SC2. This stuttered and jerked and all the sound was messed up. Although, I've only player a few WE7 games (got it yesterday), I certainly haven't seen in freeze every 10 seconds.

DCharlie: This may be of no relevance at all, but if you have an old Jap model PS2, and it is freezing, you could try this: Put a Jap PS1 game in, wait until the Playstation logo appears and then press the eject button. Then put in the WE7 disc and let it load. This method works for me with SC2, and after doing so the opening sequence plays fine.

Comment

This game has a religious following here and we finally got to play this last night! What can I say? Konami continue to improve on genius....

Anyone else find that it is more difficult to score on this than on WE6 FE though...? Our games used to have 3 or four goals in most of the time but many of the games played last night were either 0-0 or 1-0, with not so many clear chances.

I definately think they have made this more realistic - It seems far more tricky to dribble with the ball (yep - even when using Rivaldo) and the defence appears to be tighter (except on Man U - like I said, realistic).

The extra little animations (like when the guy flicks the ball over his head), although only minor touches, actually add quite a lot too....

Comment

Its always harder to score when you switch to a new version of WE, it takes time to get used to the new engine update.
                          But the long-range shooting is harder, on WE6FE Crespo would hit the target from just about anywhere on either foot, but I was blazing them over the bar a lot on WE7.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
                            You may have encountered the "stutter" bug as many are deeming it over at the Evo-Web forums. Apparently, there are issues with WE7 on older PS2's.
                            I think this is mostly with copied versions of the game. My v4 PS2 runs the proper disk ok. I think some people fixed the stutter bug by reburning at x1.

Anyway, here's a little treat for you guys who haven't played it yet...

Beckham Side Step

Dyer Flick

Diouf Side Step

Comment

BTW you need DivX to view them. I'll upload some more soon.

Shooting does feel different and is harder but it looks so much better. Players can really crack the ball now.

Comment

Very true Sharkskin-man. I guess it was the same with the transition from Pro Evo 2 (I had the PAL version) to WE6FE....

Another thing I neglected to mention is the improvement to manual pass - this is now incredibly powerful if you can use it..... Now all I need is the ability to send the target man on a run (call me a moron, but that little feature in FIFA(!?) was quite neat) it's a little gimmicky, but total control over through balls will be complete!

Siread - the vids are cool by the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X