X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touch Detective 2 1/2

So...ah, I don't know where to begin.

Oh, OK, got it.

This is the direct sequel of Touch Detective, a point-and-click adventure released by Atlus a year or so ago, still features the young lady MacKanzie as main character and the unusual cast of a humanoid fungus, a butler and her friends.
    The original game had its problems and Beeworks (developers of the game) thought that their game was perfect as it was, so Touch Detective 2 still has the same problems of its predecessor.
    There's a lot of clicking involved, as you would expect, but unfortunately the game is so cryptic that you don't really know where to click, transforming the whole experience in a click-anywhere-multiple-times fest, which often leaves the player wondering what he has to do to trigger the next event.
    Puzzles aren't that hard and generally speaking they are more understandable than before, but some are hard to figure out just because the game doesn't give you any hint.
    Example 1: in the first chapter you are supposed to deliver certain items to certain characters, but if you select the item and click on the character, he/she will tell you that he/she has no use of the item, while clicking on him "bare handed" will trigger the right conversation. Why?
    Example 2: still during the first chapter, you are supposed to wait for the noodle festival to begin.

To trigger this event, you are supposed to brighten up the fire under the pot, but no one really tells you that it has to be done, except for a "it's only lukewarm" description when inspecting the pot.

There are some episodes that have almost non of these "choke points" (like the second episode), but there's still a lot of pointing on pixel-wide details involved, or a lot of talking for simple actions (if you don't know how to pick a lock, just tell me that, MacKanzie! I'll figure out who to ask...just...a hint. Please.).
    That said, the game still has a good , funny plot; this time there are common points linking all five main episodes that make the whole story a lot more interesting to follow; artistic direction is still the same and therefore good (or at least original) and the introduction is simply beautiful.

I just finished this game ^^ and really enjoyed it, regardless of some flaws. I wish that they're more point&click games for the DS.
    Just like the first one, i kind of think that the game is a bit short. What i like about this game, is the action on the top screen, where you can read MacKanzie's analysis/toughts about the current situation, or just some funny comments.
    This game is a must buy for every point&click fan.

Comment

Where's the cheapest place to pick it up?

Comment

Playasia is selling it for US$ 34.90 (+US $ 2.60) ~?19-20, in stock.
        Yesasia US$ 39.90 ~?20-21, not in stock, 7-14 days.
        VG+ $34.99CDN (+$7.49 cdn) ~?22, in stock.

Well Yesasia is tax free, but not in stock, and it can takes up few weeks until they get it back in, maybe contact them before?.
        The price is pretty much the same, alternatively you can wait until it being released in the PAL, under Mystery Detective 2, according to play.com is now 31/MAR/07, original release date was 26/OCT/07 according to 505games.co.uk

Comment

Cheers!

Have already got the first one and looks like the sequel is worth a buy too.

Comment

Working...
          X