Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law

Just the earliest of early impressions here (as in, it arrived for me today at work and I only played for what I could get away with hiding out in the toilet).

Presentation is superb. Menus, sound, everything is just lovely and it looks beautifully crisp on the PSP screen. It's already had me laughing out loud and even the first choice you have to make in the game is pretty funny. And for some reason

Peterpotomus pulling Harvey out of the sink

had me in stiches.

Interestingly, even though it comes through Capcom and is a law game, it doesn't feel like Phoenix Wright at all. It has evidence, profiles etc but taking on the Harvey Birdman license has given it a huge sense of its own identity.

This one should be a good laugh. I'll play more later and update if anyone is interested.

Its a really funny game, im a huge fan of the show and its identical to it. The only problem with it is that its really easy and incredibly short.

Comment

I'm really loving this at the moment.

This is a nice little pep me up fix till PW4 is out... That's not to say that it's not good. The presentation is really nice.

Anyone know if the PS2 or the Wii version is any good?

And what is the actual cartoon like? I might have to get it...

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
        I'm really loving this at the moment.

This is a nice little pep me up fix till PW4 is out... That's not to say that it's not good. The presentation is really nice.

Anyone know if the PS2 or the Wii version is any good?

And what is the actual cartoon like? I might have to get it...
        What your seeing in the game is a perfect copy of the tv show. the game has some flashbacks to some segments from the tv show. Its really funny, a shame it ended.

Comment

Yeah the tv show is exactly like the game. If you liked that, you should definitely check out the show.

Comment

Can you get Brian Harvey on DVD???

Comment

yeah they have released harvey birdman in boxsets. only in america though.

Comment

Sorry for the dumb question. But where can I order this from? I'm mighty intrigued by this, but Play Asia simply won't let me buy it.

Comment

Smashing. Completely forgot about VG+ and the like.

Thanks very much man!

Comment

This game is hilarious. I'm loving it. It does have a slight evidence-producing issue in that sometimes the evidence that is most logical to present (and turns out to be right) doesn't work when it seems it should.

But it's a great game. Really enjoying it.

Comment

I'm playing the Wii version and am already on the 3rd case after less than 2 hours of play. I'm a little disappointed by the ease of the game (and the recycling of clips) but they're tiny niggles at worst. Overall I'm loving this. As a fan of the show it's great to have what is essentially 5 new episodes. And as a fan of Phoenix Wright it's great to have some similar lawyer action - although I should add that the tone is very different to Phoenix Wright, it's much less serious, mostly because you're not dealing with murders all the time. The play mechanics are almost indetical, but that's no bad thing especially as the animation and voice acting really spice things up. I'd love to see a PW game, made on Wii, like this.

I've only found the one Capcom cameo so far. It was the Guile one that's in the trailer and I got a nice DVD extra for finding it. There are four more extras so I assume there are four more cameos. Hope I don't miss 'em.

Comment

I got

Dhalsim on the first case

but haven't yet seen any others.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          I got

Dhalsim on the first case

but haven't yet seen any others.
                          Interesting. Well that gives me a chance to go back and replay the level. Did you get an unlockable for finding him?

I hope Phoenix Wright has a cameo. It would be quite apt.

Comment

Actually, it must have been at the very start of the second case given what it was about. Yes, I unlocked the second movie in the unlockables for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X