No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the big thing for me is night visibility. Driving at night was a real handicap before but not any more. Personally, I love the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial
      Myself and John did a barrel roll timed challenge online a few times last night - it was amusing to do a barrel roll through the hoisted concrete hoop on my first attempted for me to sit back and get a great view at John coming so close so many times. It was a good laugh when we both (finally) did it.
      I landed in it and on it a couple of times, I couldn't believe it when I actually landed on top of it.
      Oh yeah, I'm also just one super jump away from getting that '50/50' statistic in the menu but I can't for the life of me find it...
      You're forgetting that Criterion like PS3 owners so welcome to the Paradise City Discovery Map!

They've release the Cops & Robbers info for all users now, it's not a lot but whatever they do I can't imagine it's going to be bad.
      Following the announcement of the Cops and Robbers Pack on our all-new in-game web page (PS3 and PC), here are the shots you've been waiting for.

This one’s dedicated to bringing you the thrills and spills of cops and robbers car chases in Paradise City.

More soon.
      Last edited by JP; 12-02-2009, 14:41.

Comment

I was talking about the cops and robbers with a pal, surely it's just the burnout 2 mode?

Comment

I'm not sure as Pursuit already kind of exists in Paradise in the form of Marked Man. I reckon it'll be a more free-roaming team-based affair like CTF.
          Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 12-02-2009, 06:31.

Comment

Sorry if this has been asked but i have been up and down whether i should get this game or not. Didnt really like the demo, especially compared to Burnout Revenge, but for $55 or so AUD from PSN with the newest add on its a steal. So any idea how big the download on PSN is or is better off buying the disc?

Comment

With the update files etc the file is around 3.5GB so it's pretty hefty.

Comment

Ahh ok thanks mate. With only 8 gigs or so free i may leave it than, and buy a disc copy. Thanks mate!

Comment

Get the game mate so we can play a game together! And talk about Australian life too.

The demo is a fairly poor indication of the game mate and the lastest 1.6 patch is making people return to the game in droves - it now feels like Burnout 2 crossed with the Sega games of old in terms of the new vibrant colour scheme.

Myself and Jashin had a great game last night as everybody - all eight players - got involved and took part in the challenges and events.

I unfortunately buggered one timed challenge up single handily by failing to do a barrel roll through the hoop at the Airport strip until the six minute mark... Sorry about that Jashin (no laughing John!).

I only need one more trophy to get the platinum award but I need a flipping EyeToy to get it... Christ sake!

I'll be on again sometime tonight - I would love to do some stunt run events online because it's great to see the leader falling from the first position to second, third or below simply because some other player(s) does a last minute mega-combo!

John, the screens for the Cops & Robbers pack are stretching the page a fair bit mate!
                  Last edited by Extra Terrestrial; 12-02-2009, 14:14.

Comment

I unfortunately buggered one timed challenge up single handily by failing to do a barrel roll through the hoop at the Airport strip until the six minute mark... Sorry about that Jashin (no laughing John!).
                    Hey, I didn't laugh the first time we tried doing that one and you couldn't manage to get anywhere close. Or, if I'm being honest...yes I did laugh.

Sorry I couldn't get on last night but I didn't get home from work untill about 9 and after eating and stuff I could only manage about 10 minutes offline before I'd had enough. Will be about the same time tonight too so not sure if I'll be on or not yet.

Will definately be on this weekend but as you can maybe tell from my avatar, some things are just far more important than stuff like this...although I probably shouldn't mention that in front of people with Australian connections on here!!

Comment

Re-bought this couple of weeks ago and really loving it again, I just put on some custom music and I end up blasting through shed loads of events.
                      Unlocked my Burnout Driving License today, currently standing at 65% Finished with around 56 hours played so now the real test begins.
                      ONWARD for the Burnout Elite Licence, only 120 Events to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        ONWARD for the Burnout Elite Licence, only 120 Events to go!
                        Heh.

I managed to gain my Burnout license a few days ago, which I thought was quite a slog at times and to see another license appear - the Elite license - asking me to do 115 challenges and events, I said to myself out loud:

F*ck that!

I still cannot believe I need an EyeToy to get the platinum trophy though...

Comment

Well, hosting definately seems to be the way to go. Managed to keep the challenges and races flowing yesterday for a fair while. Late on we started getting one or two players in the lobby who would prat about at the other side of the map or purposely avoid the challenge so that no-one else could complete it and it was great being able to restart them quickly having kicked said players. Looked through the trophy list and I think it's going to be an offline run tonight which should clear through a chunk of the remaining trophies... possibly Platinum by the end of the weekend!

Comment

Burnout Elite Licence, it will be mine oh yes it will be mine!
                            I do say this but in fairness I have only very recently re-bouight the game, I think that helps in that I have already had a very nice break from the game so 120 events doesnt seem so bad, can understand though after playing it all could be like a kick in the teeth.
                            Just know in my gut the Burning Routes are ALL gonna be swines.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                              I have already had a very nice break from the game so 120 events doesnt seem so bad, can understand though after playing it all could be like a kick in the teeth.
                              I bought it on the PlayStation store back in late September and have been gradually play it on and off since then so it wasn't the game that I had an issue with - I love it more than ever now - but the number of challenges, they just seem to go on and on - a lack of variety in the routes sometimes.

Oh yes, 115 events is bad. You will start to dislike taking part in the challenges soon enough, guaranteed!

What console are you playing this on mate?

Comment

Having started playing this version today, I don't know how people did it before they patched in the ability to retry events. There was a race that I couldn't win that was a good five minutes long, and I'd have gone mad if I'd had to drive back to the start - least of all find the start up in those mountains - every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X