Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
    Get the game mate so we can play a game together! And talk about Australian life too.

The demo is a fairly poor indication of the game mate and the lastest 1.6 patch is making people return to the game in droves - it now feels like Burnout 2 crossed with the Sega games of old in terms of the new vibrant colour scheme.

Myself and Jashin had a great game last night as everybody - all eight players - got involved and took part in the challenges and events.

I unfortunately buggered one timed challenge up single handily by failing to do a barrel roll through the hoop at the Airport strip until the six minute mark... Sorry about that Jashin (no laughing John!).

I only need one more trophy to get the platinum award but I need a flipping EyeToy to get it... Christ sake!

I'll be on again sometime tonight - I would love to do some stunt run events online because it's great to see the leader falling from the first position to second, third or below simply because some other player(s) does a last minute mega-combo!

John, the screens for the Cops & Robbers pack are stretching the page a fair bit mate!

OK mate done! Bought the game today

Have yet to give it a play as the missus is watching Desperate Housewives but will give it a crack later!

EDIT: Played the game and LOVE IT! Still don't think its as good as Burnout Revenge on 360 but still awesome. We will see if it grows on me as Revenge did.

I have a question though. On the map, how do you tell if you have completed an event/race? Does it just disappear or is there some way to tell, as the game has so many challenges i dont want to redo some.
    Last edited by Cuber001; 14-02-2009, 07:19.

Comment

On the map there is a small tick next to events you have cleared, press select/back for map.
      Alternatively when you park up for an event it should show you what race type it is i.e Marked Man, Race, Stunt Race and the small tick will be visable on the race type if you have already cleared this.
      What makes it all a bit evil though is everytime you upgrade your licence, all the events restart of course so you can race them again to get to next licence.
      Extra Terrestrial, on xbox360 version am afraid.
      Good to see people are enjoying this still or again, Criterion have done a fantastic job keeping the game updated and fresh still, ah need to put some more time into the Bikes mode though.

Comment

Oh ok thanks for that! So there is really no way to keep a track of finished events than as once my licnce upgrades it will show it has not been cleared. Well obviously once you get your final licence it will start to show as all ticked than yes?

Thanks for that!

I must also say that this game has a killer soundtrack with Senses Fail and Saosin leading the charge! Great choices Criterion!

Comment

Gah! Been working through a new file and now done 11 timed challenges but it still hasn't given me the 10 timed challenges trophy. Am I missing something or has it fecked up on me?

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever
            I don't know how people did it before they patched in the ability to retry events.
            That was something that didn't seem to bother me. Why you ask?

It seems that when you take part in an event - whether you have failed the event or simply quitting at some point - there is another one not much further up the road, less than 10-15 seconds to reach the next challenge or event.

The restart feature is a welcome addition especially for those who are aiming to grab hold of the Burnout license but it was never really a 'game breaking' feature in the first place.

However, I will agree with you that the challenges and events up in the mountains are more sparse than those you can find in the city itself; perhaps you should stick to the city for the time being mate!

Originally posted by Cuber001
            OK mate done! Bought the game today.
            Good one mate. I'll see you online at some point, if you see me jumping into Paradise City then send an invite my way if you wish, I don't mind at all - just ask anybody on here who has played with me.

Originally posted by Family Fry
            Extra Terrestrial, on xbox360 version am afraid.
            Just as I feared...

I do agree that Criterion has breathed new life into an already great game but to see the surge of old and new players alike playing the game again is the best thing of it all.

Originally posted by crazytaxinext
            Am I missing something or has it fecked up on me?
            When you leave the game - the online game - do you ensure the game saves your progress or do you quit the game or switch the PS3 off straight from the online match you are taking taking part in? If you lost your connection at some point online then that is another factor.

I'd recommend you to do a few more timed challenges before giving up or moving on; I thought I had done five freeburn events online with the bikes but I lost the hosts connection and it shows up as three being done at this time on the statistics page in the menu.

On another note, COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE LET ME BORROW YOUR EYETOY FOR ONE DAY!?

Comment

Regarding the Eye Toy, does the PS2 one work, or am i stuffed as well?

Comment

Am I right in thinking that now if you fail an event you can retry it straight away,no driving back?

If so I might re-buy.

Comment

Originally posted by hugejeans View Post
                  Am I right in thinking that now if you fail an event you can retry it straight away,no driving back?

If so I might re-buy.
                  Yep. As of the 1.6 update you can enter the D-pad menu and choose to restart the event current/previous event, which will warp you straight back to the starting point.

Comment

I'm kind of going back to the bikes now since I have done everything bar going for the Elite license - which I ain't doing man! - but I am a bit confused; to gain the bike license, is all that needs to be done is taking part and finishing each and every (day and night) burning routes?

Or - as I fear - do I have to pass through and complete all the road rules as well?

Thanks.

Comment

thanks cuber 001 for the invite trophy earlier.. any usb camera works i think - im using me xbox vision cam on me ps3 for burnout paradise..

psn :- Johnnygames
                      Last edited by sailor-fuku; 14-02-2009, 19:43.

Comment

No worries! Would of loved to actually play but it was 3am! I was literally falling asleep. Next time though we will get a good game going.

Thats good about the USB camera. Will pull the Eye Toy out today and give it a shot. That way you can view me ugly noggin when i take down your asses

Comment

From what I can tell the camera just has to be USB 2.0 compatible, I'm presuming PS2 Eyetoy isn't.

Cheers, E.T. If I don't get the Timed trophy by the 20th challenge I'm gonna try copying my save game to my US account to try again without losing my file. Only 3 more trophies to go!

Comment

Is there any way to have the old graphics style. The burnout bar is now a weird greeny yellow colour and I don't like it.

Comment

I thought it changed pe car? Because in one car it was orange. The next was green.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuber001 View Post
                                I thought it changed pe car? Because in one car it was orange. The next was green.
                                fair enough, I was just annoyed because I picked up the ultimate box, only to find that it hasn't saved my original 10+ game. HAve to start from the beginning again

Comment

Working...
                                X