No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Each patch has given it a new version number and contained new features, there are unlikely to be any new ones

Comment

Had a quick 20 minute blast on BSI this morning. The place is quite small but it's teeming with things to do - just driving around you can always see a shortcut/jump/billboard to go for. I imagine the stunt runs are pretty damned easy.

Comment

the stunt runs are good fun...you need 1million points plus to beat em.
        but you can get 2 million just on the beach

had great fun with the island...have 100% on it now. Just got 140 more challenges to do for the final unlockable car.

Comment

Online challenges, or just events to complete on the mainland?

Comment

only the online challenges...finished all the events/smashes etc long ago, my favourite game for a long while! although sadly I cant get the 1250 achievement points as I refuse to buy the cops n robbers pack

you need all 500 online challenges to unlock the 9th island car tho so new incentive to finish them.

Comment

All 500? Well, that's one car I very much doubt I'll be unlocking. I think I've done about 30 so far.

Comment

Argh! Does anyone have any tips for the stunt runs on the island? I only have those three to go - best I've managed so far is about 520k, with the target for the first being 900k.

Comment

Flat spin 720 off the skijump, that's about a 6 times multiplier. Lots of billboards around there as well. Use the turbo buggy vehicle. After the skijump, you're halfway to the construction yard for a few barrel rolls. Million plus in no time

Comment

For some reason I flat spinned left off the Ski Jump and it gave me a reversed flat spin for an 8 times multiplier. Turned right for half a block then up the next superjump, then once landed shot through a hotel for some air and boards and ended up near the lighthouse for another superjump and flat spin, went off road for another superjump then boosted every couple of seconds down to the beach for a few barrel rolls. Think I ended up with about 2.6million

Comment

Funny, everyone else I've spoken to about it says it's easy as well. Seems I just suck at the stunt runs!

Haven't been using the turbo version of the Dust Storm though, found it horrible to control over the other events.

Comment

It took me ages to 'get' the stunt runs, I just couldn't understand how people could get so many points. It seemed impossible. When I'd completed all the other events (main game), I'd only managed to do 2 of the stunt runs. I REALLY hated them!

There's so many jumps on the island that you can pretty much relax and just take your time doing them. I found that on the big jumps you can get a 360 without any problem at all and then just drive to the next big jump and turbo when the timer counts down. Just keep repeating and you should get them in no time.

One of the things I struggled with at first was that I was always trying to do too much, I'd always go for the biggest spin/barrel roll possible which were harder to survive and I just would last long enough. I found it works far better to take my time as you can keep the run going for as long as you don't crash.

Comment

Yeah, I think my problem is trying to cram too much into a short run rather than trying to keep it going. I think it's because the island presents so much for me though - I know for the stunt runs on the main island I just used to keep it going onto the bridge and then down the southern part of the main island - even if the run started up in the north!

Comment

just go to the beach....the bit in the middle with 6 ramps will get you the scores you need with barrel rolls. plus flat spin thru the billboard there too...

Comment

All done last night, thanks for the tips all. In the end I just made sure I used the boost conservatively between areas (I like to use the whole of the island) rather than race about like a nutter at maximum speed... which is what I usually do.

Comment

I really dislike the way they've padded the online challenges in this game. All of the simple challenges (Get 10 seconds boost, a small amount of oncoming etc.) have to be repeated for each different online player count (2 through to 8), which artificially inflates the amount of challenges there are.

I think I have about 118/500 at the moment.

I'm going through the bike licence at the moment (Although I don't enjoy the bikes that much to be honest). Done all of the Burning Rides and daytime rules, just need to do their midnight equivalents.

Comment

Working...
                                X