Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
    lol ><

so what's this game like then? (just to stay on topic) good or wack?
    Personally I think the racing aspect of Burnout never got better than in the second installment. The third and fourth games were too schizophrenic for me. I never could decide if the game wanted me to crash or race. In Paradise it's always clear for me when the game wants me to smash into stuff and when it wants me to cross the finish line first. I like it a lot

Comment

I think this is a pretty good game, but the races could definitely have been more fun if barricaded. That may sound regressive in an open world game, but because Burnout is so fast it makes it very difficult to multitask and look at the map while driving. I've taken a turn too late because of this many times and it's resulted in unnecessary frustration. You could argue that I should learn the city, but this requires too much of a time commitment which most gamers will not be willing to put in. Sadly, I can see a lot of people being turned off by the game early on because of their lack of familiarity with the surroundings.

Still, it's worth a buy for Burnout fans. Paradise city is beautiful and superbly designed, the multiplayer is solid, and the road rage and marked man events are awesome. I think I played over ten hours in two days, something which I usually don't do with any game unless it's an RPG. That must account for something.

Comment

One of the best things is that despite it being an open world they've still managed to incorporate LOADS of lines and short cuts and bigs jumps, so even though you have the choice to go anywhere you want, you find yourself falling into familiar routes that are as fun as burnout has ever been.

Comment

Dont forget though guys (as its something I missed to begin with) with all the route modes just move onto the challenge and press I think its either RT or RB and it will show you what route it will be that way you have all the time in the world to study best route before you kick off the challenge (instead of big map then gone suprise). I use this all the time doing my burnout routes.

Comment

Didn't know that Dazzyman, will try tonight.

I'm up to 25 online challenges complete now, and I'm getting a little tired of the whole thing. It started well with eight of us having to land 160 jumps on the South Bridge, but by the end when we were having to do barrel rolls onto train tracks I was losing the will to live.

Because there are no tracks as such, I think this is probably the most repetitive of all the Burnout games.

Comment

Was in two minds about picking this up, took the plunge yesterday, very impressed, like the freedom aspect (like you had in TDU), seamless offline and on. Hard to fault it so far.

Crash far too often while trying to look at the map though.

New avatar attached for you Boris
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                Was in two minds about picking this up, took the plunge yesterday, very impressed, like the freedom aspect (like you had in TDU), seamless offline and on. Hard to fault it so far.

Crash far too often while trying to look at the map though.

New avatar attached for you Boris
                I only ever use the map in Freeburn.

.....sometimes a quick glance during Burning routes.

When Racing I just go straight forward and don't think about it. race the guy in front.

I deal with corners when they come up, use the indicators.

Most Races have 2/3 junctions tops.

Comment

Is it region free, as all this banter has tempted me to pick it up after work...?

Specifically PAL on a US 360...

Comment

My NTSC-J copy doesn't work on my PAL console. I'd be pretty sure PAL won't work on a US 360. It is an EA game after all.

Comment

Fair enough, one sale lost then, impulse pruchase only methinks.

Ta...

Comment

Originally posted by Riskbreaker View Post

And I really want a patch to swap DJ Atomika for the woman's voice at the start of the game. For a small moment there I thought I might have a DJ worth listening to
                        What... DJ Dirty Voice? :P "I'm here with you for the entire RIDE around Paradise City?"

It's probably some middle aged lady with welts and puss filled blisters on her face who recorded it. Still sexy now Re-I? Huh.?

Comment

Mate, DJ Atomika irritates me so much I'd suffer any other alternative.

Comment

I dunno, I quite like the DJ on this one.

I don't see what's so irritating.

Comment

The DJ is fairly unobtrusive on this one, he doesn't really bother me to be honest.

Comment

Yeah the DJ's hardly in your face like the other was. Don't mind him at all.

Wish there was a photo mode in this (ala PGR4). Seen some lovely areas. Namely the time square like one, and I also quite liked the Paradise City logo (the one like Hollywood).

2 more events to find. Damn infuriating

Comment

Working...
                                X