Ninja Gaiden DS - Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Gaiden DS - Demo

Ran this on my Supercard so not 100% sure I'm allowed to post this, though it is/was freely available in kiosks in some countries afaik. Anyway, thought it was worth talking about - apologies to mods if not.

Demo is just a tutorial basically with a few very simple enemies and then a boss to beat. It talks you through the controls -

touch and hold somewhere to walk/run there (depending on distance)
    slide down over an enemy to slash, repeat to combo
    slide up to jump then down to jump attack
    slide down up up for an izuna drop
    Any button (d-pad or face button or shoulder I think) to block, then tap the screen to dodge/roll to the side
    Touch the ninpo symbol and draw to use magic

I'd read previews saying the touch-screen controls were fine but didn't really believe it, but they seem to be right. The enemies were easy to dispatch, ditto the boss, but I seemed to be able to dodge around and so I can imagine it could get much harder without things being a problem.
    The graphics are excellent and it all moves nice and smooth, really can't wait to get the full game.
    Apparently there's a demo coming to d/l onto your wii and transfer, don't know whether it's this one or a new one, or in this country or not, but fingers crossed for something good.

All in all, makes me believe that pro evo on the wii might not be terrible after all either, which is saying something!

Is your the same as the one I have that is pretty short, starts a the bottom of some steps,fight some bad guys, go up steps into a courtyard fight a dozen bad guys and dispatch a dragon?

Comment

yeah that's the one

Comment

Looking forward to this.

I was checking out screens on IGN but you have to watch it in motion to really convey how good this looks on the DS. Ive only had a DS since just before xmas, its now officially my favourite travel companion.

This is looking excellent. Didnt realise there was a demo out.

Comment

From what I gather its only a demostation thing someone was kind enough to mail me.
          Its not even 3megs.

Comment

Working...
          X