The Club 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    Agree with Boris, you really would think that ranked matchmaking is something almost every online gamer enjoys. It seems obvious to everyone of us, we're gamers...but unless it is something very difficult to implement, why wouldn't a developer use it? That kind of thing would give this game at least a few extra months of life.
    All I can think is that matchmaking requires additional servers outside of live (ala Halo4 and COD4) and BC weren't prepared to pay out for it for 2 formats?

Comment

Just managed to whore up a few points, getting a maximum combo on a level and the one where you have to do all the in game awards was tough.

Comment

bought this yesterday for £20.48 with some memory putty from Game really like the simplicity of the game...with this and sega rally, feels like sega are regaining some of their form...simple uncomplicated gaming

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          It's funny I keep recognising various forum peoples user names across different leaderboards, then trying to beat there score. Managed to get over 5 million on the first level which placed me 7th
          I spent an hour or so trying to get into the top 10 for the first stage, in the end I got stuck at 11th

This game really is excellent, I can just sit on one stage and play repeatedly trying to get a better rank. Once you actually start aiming for and achieving higher scores, playing on anything lower than Insane is pointless.

Comment

I know! You can meet the points requirement by killing 2 guys on casual.

Comment

I'm fairly sure the Casual and Semi modes exist for players that just want to blast through. Insane and Real are for score attacks.

Comment

What's the point though? the entire point of the game is lost when you don't have to try.

Comment

True, but I think alot of people are going to have to warm to the way the game plays. Plus the name "Insane" makes you think it's harder than it is, anyone with a reasonable level of skill should attempt them because you don't take as much damage as you think you will.

I played the first tournament on Semi-pro, it wasn't until I started to tackle the leaderboards they I tried the Insane runs and realised they were a better way of playing the game.

Had a go on a few multiplayer matches tonight, in some respects it feels like Gears of War on speed

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    What's the point though? the entire point of the game is lost when you don't have to try.
                    I'm playing on regular and I can't even finish the second tournament, let alone put in crazy scores.

Comment

There are some really good vids on Eurogamer by some of the Bizarre/Sega team that give you a good idea of the way the game is paced. It's very much a case of balancing taking time to aim against speeding around the level to keep the multiplier up.

Comment

Loving this game so far - and I HATE score attack games. Good fun this one. I've even replayed levels to find different routes which is something I wouldn't normally do. Arcade games live again!

Comment

I tried to get it on Game's website with the gift wrap, but it declined my maestro card, I have over a grand in my account so no idea why it didnt work!!! Guess it's a sign not to get it...

Comment

Anyone here get the ps3 version? Does it not have friends leaderboards? On mine i seem to only be able to display My Score or Overall (for each difficulty) plus all the accompanying stats. Now whether that's because buddies list scores aren't available or because they only show when one of them actually has set a score (i have about 40 on my list and it's still probable that I'm the only one to buy this!) - i dunno. Are their 3 lists on the 360 version?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M0by View Post
                              Are their 3 lists on the 360 version?
                              Yep, 'fraid so.

Comment

Which is odd when even all the PSN games have friends leaderboards.... i'll naively assume (well hope) that that option will only appear when one of them actually buys the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X