Patapon JP PSP Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patapon JP PSP Demo

Wow I am in love, it may have no english text but the animation and the design won me over.
    Its like a rythem action RTS I guess is the best way of describing it, Age of empires meets Parapper via Loco Roco only had a quick go and will update moe later, but this is day one for me

Yeah been playing the JAP version a fair bit but it's a bit trial and error due to the language barrer. Can't wait for the US version so I have more of an idea on what action is required as some levels I just randomly fail and have no idea why.

Comment

Up for pre-order at Tronix for those interested at the $19.99 price point. $35 including shipping, still works out cheaper than picking it up over here (And can be found cheaper too, obviously).

Comment

can this be downloaded from the JPN PSP site?

last time i checked the only thing that was up was some awful Ape Escape-themed Mario Kart rip-off.

Comment

I know it's available through the PS3 on the JPN store, I'm not sure if you can get it from the PSP store. I only have two browsers installed and one is linked to the UK store and the other to the US.

Comment

Anyone else tried the English language demo? It's so good and if you finish it - apparently it's about two hours long - you can save and the file will unlock a special weapon in the full game.

I placed my order on VGP. Can't complain at all for £12.49

Comment

the English language demo is far easier to play than the JPN one unless you can actually read Japanese.
              Only played for about 20 mins but this has piqued my interest, locoroco meets parapa the rapper meets taiko.
              Anyone who has a psp should check this out very original and very very fun

Comment

Just going to try the USA demo now - been waiting for the english language as half the time I have no idea whats going on in the J one !

Comment

Quick question - is the demo available on the US PS Store or it's the one running on CF? The game is few weeks away but I wouldn't mind to try it on my plain PSP

Comment

It's not on the PSN Store. I'm pretty sure it's an exclusive for Gamestop so I wouldn't expect to see a legitimate download, at least this side of release.

I've done the demo twice now and I think this is going to be a far better game than LocoRoco. As good and beautiful as Loco was, I found the gameplay was quite limited and got old very quickly. I'm still having a great time with this and only a handful of levels, and I'd imagine that when we have more moves/beats it'll actually have depth. I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

can this be downloaded from the JPN PSP site?

last time i checked the only thing that was up was some awful Ape Escape-themed Mario Kart rip-off.
                      I had a look and it says it is only available from the PS3 store.. there's a couple of decent wallpapers, tho.

I tried the US demo instead.. took about 1h20, and finished just as things started to get really interesting! I didn't really pick up on timing the defense order in the boss battle so I finished up with only 3 guys left and was wondering whether the ones who die come back for the next level (it seemed an icon for each one was displayed in the top right) or if you need to go back to earlier levels and collect items so you can restore them/birth new ones?

Comment

Can you save in the demo? I'm going through it now (US) and I can't see any way of saving? I'm assuming that you run through the demo and save right at the end?

Frankly I'd pay $20 just to do the Pan the Pakapon/Tree part over and over and over.

EDIT: Just completed the demo. Loved every moment of it - really looking forward to the complete game now. You can't save until the end, if anyone's wondering.
                        Last edited by Number45; 11-02-2008, 20:13.

Comment

Originally posted by r3z View Post
                          I had a look and it says it is only available from the PS3 store.. there's a couple of decent wallpapers, tho.
                          aye, i had a quick look-see afterwards. it's a bit silly not having it 'freely' available to download - i'm quite interested in playing this as my PSP has been gathering a lot of dust lately, but i'm not buying a PS3 for the privilege. maybe they'll have one when it's released.

Comment

Just played through the US demo again, this is so damn good. I really can't wait to see what other units and the like we get in the full game.

My only worry is that I can't play the game without getting my whole body in rhythm with the beat... it's going to be embarrassing as **** if I forget myself on the train.

Comment

Working...
                            X