Puchi Copter Wii / MiniCopter Adventure Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puchi Copter Wii / MiniCopter Adventure Flight

Haven't seen a first play on this one yet so seeing as I've had this since early January and it's getting a US release in spring under the name of MiniCopter Adventure Flight I thought I'd better start one.

The premise of the game is basically you fly what are toy helicopters around various environments ranging from living rooms, a bedroom, restaurant, offices, an hospital, a park and an holiday apartment, I haven't got round to finishing it yet though so there could be more.

Each environment has about six missions starting off fairly easy and more challenging as you progress, examples of the missions are things like landing on a certain amount of helipads, flying through rings, firing at targets, picking up litter and placing in a bin and also tidying a childs toys away by placing them in a toy box, mixing a cocktail by picking up chopped fruit and placing it in a drink and also dropping fries into a deep fat fryer.

Your ranked at the end of each stage by how quickly you do each mission within a set time limit via Gold, Silver, Bronze and Bad rankings. The main challange to the game though is keeping an eye on your battery power, do you risk trying to do the last bit of a task while having one battery cell remaining, to get that perfect score, but also the possibility of running out of power effectively ending the mission, or return back to an helipad to recharge your battery but possibly end up with a silver or bronze.

After each mission your also awarded cash on how well you do, which can be spent on new helicopters and parts like better propellers, faster motors better batterys etc, it's pretty essential that on the later missions your going to have to upgrade your helicopter and parts if you want to stand a chance of getting any further.

Graphically although being nothing special it has a nice chunky polygon style and is very bold and colourful, the musics also well suited with some upbeat cheerful tunes.

Onto the control method, you can either use the nunchuck with remote, just the remote or the classic controller, I've only tried it with the remote and the classic controller though. The remote method imo is very awkward though, you hold it like you would playing NES games on the VC. To move the copter forward you tilt the remote away from you and to go backwards tilt towards, to bank left or right you do the corresponding direction on the remote and to spin the copter around you use the d-pad, to be honest at times it gets a bit confusing and theres no way your going to get really graet scores using this control method your far better using the classic controller which lends itself well to flying a toy helicopter as the control layout is the same as a real radio control remote.

Overall while not being anything ground breaking or an absolutely essential game, it does have a charm of its own and you'll find yourself having a quick 30 minute blast on it that sometimes ends up as a few hours, definately recommended if your after something different, hopefully it should be a budget title on US release as well.

Heres a video from the official site. http://arcsystemworks.jp/puti/trailer.html
    Last edited by Phar; 10-02-2008, 23:21.

looks pritty fun, reminds me of toy commander i loved that game

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
      Thats exactly the same thing I thought when I first saw it, thats the main reason why I bought it.

Comment

Looks nice, thanks for the write up too .

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
          Where is a cel shaded (The intro showed that was the way they wanted to take it) 60fps Toy Commander with online play? That would be my GOTY anyday

Any news on an EU release for this? Though I am hoping to get a US Wii later this year so it's no biggie if not.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
            Any news on an EU release for this? Though I am hoping to get a US Wii later this year so it's no biggie if not.
            No idea if it's getting a EU release, it's being published by Aksys in the US, don't know if they publish games in the EU though. Playasia have got the US release down as March for ?17.93. I think it's due 28/03/2008.

Comment

Working...
            X