Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those about about to rock is awesome on this

Comment

Stealth/cleaned Running Down The Way Up on Mono Pro... damn, that felt good.

Not sure how I managed it, though, because as well as the vicious difficulty curve my ancient PC is making this near unplayable at times. Yesterday it wasn't so bad, today I've lost count of the number of times I've hit a grey because the lag caught and flung it right into me before I could react. Obviously not really the game's fault, but still... it's annoying graphics have no effect on it, too.

Still highly recommended. If this was out on XBLA with downloadable, I don't know, visual packs? New things flailing and spinning in the background as microtransactions? I'd be broke by now.

Comment

I saw a guy in my programming class playing it and then saw the topic on here, so thought it must be worth checking out and downloaded the demo.

Tried a couple of Metallica tracks (Battery and Enter Sandman) and the levels didn't turn out quite as I thought they would. From the videos Silvergun X has posted it's pretty clear that dance tracks work well, but I was wondering if rock/metal tracks don't? It could just have been the lower difficulty I was limited to perhaps, but I'd like to know for sure before I buy it (I know it is very cheap but I'm on an extremely tight budget at the minute). Thanks.

Comment

This game is so mine once I get my new laptop in the next couple of weeks.

What is the controller support like? Anyone got it working with a Sixaxis wired up for instance?

Comment

Originally posted by Bev View Post
            I saw a guy in my programming class playing it and then saw the topic on here, so thought it must be worth checking out and downloaded the demo.

Tried a couple of Metallica tracks (Battery and Enter Sandman) and the levels didn't turn out quite as I thought they would. From the videos Silvergun X has posted it's pretty clear that dance tracks work well, but I was wondering if rock/metal tracks don't? It could just have been the lower difficulty I was limited to perhaps, but I'd like to know for sure before I buy it (I know it is very cheap but I'm on an extremely tight budget at the minute). Thanks.
            The vast majority of what I play on it is rock/metal, and I have no problems. It's coped with everything from Senser to Cradle Of Filth so far for me.

Comment

Bev, you don't say how those songs turned out - are they some the program interprets as one long uphill stretch, or are you just not happy with the placement of blocks, curves in the track etc.? It is entirely possible you might not like how Audiosurf treats rock/metal full stop, I suppose...

Comment

The rock and metal I've tried has been excellent, like eight rooks says, how did they turn out?

Comment

Well as he mentioned they have been pretty much a long uphill stretch. Also, the blocks you have to collect seemed to have no correlation to the song itself. With the dance track I tried they clearly tied in with the drum, and the road itself raised and fell to the beat.

I wish you got to try out just a few more tracks with the demo, there are so many styles I wanted to check out. However, I will be buying this on the basis of being able to play to any song you want (it's a nice feeling to support homebrew developers also).

Comment

I don't think the blocks for any rock or metal track will ever fall in as nicely as a dance track, unless it's really, really distinct or stop-start... but I've had some decent results with a couple of J-rock numbers and the like (Abingdon Boys' School and my beloved Boom Boom Satellites to name two). The program still does a pretty good job with the changes in tempo, though, I feel, as long as it "correctly" interprets the dynamics.

Comment

Great, great, great little game.

I saw this on the 1up video from GDC and have been playing it ever since. I wonder how long before this gets snapped up for XBLA or PSN? Be very cool to see it in HD on the 360.

Comment

Well, I'd like to like the game (got the full version), but my AMD 3500+ with 1gb RAM wouldn't play it flawlessly, the red block sections are unplayable due to heavy framerate drops even on normal graphic settings windowed, let alone fullscreen.
                        Are there any configuration tips to improve performance? I'm on nVidia.

Comment

Christ. My ancient, crippled beast is an old AMD 2200+ with 2 GB of cheap, crappy RAM and a 256mb Radeon 9550. It's frustrating - as I said before Ninja Mono is pointless since the lag (very low hard drive space, never defragmented) means I can never be guaranteed stealthing it will be down to my skill alone, and I can't turn the detail up to anything above Normal. But I'm not sure I'd ever call it outright unplayable, so... <shrug>

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
                            (Abingdon Boys' School and my beloved Boom Boom Satellites to name two)
                            You done Howling and Innocent Sorrow by ABSchool on Ninja Mono yet? I keep flumping due to lag T_T

Comment

Originally posted by Rivuzu View Post
                              You done Howling and Innocent Sorrow by ABSchool on Ninja Mono yet? I keep flumping due to lag T_T
                              Lag, the difficulty curve and the fact I'm not that good hold me back.

Comment

Yeh it grinds on normal for me but then I only have a P4 1.8Ghz, 2gbs RAM and a Geforce 2... this is actually the first PC game Ive ever bought being a PC owner for over 15 years.

Go figure. I suck at the game but its just pure enjoyment and the fun of sifting through your music collection to find a gem is just great.

I played the Rocky training montage on this last night!

Comment

Working...
                                X