Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple series 6 - The waiwai Combat (JPN WII)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple series 6 - The waiwai Combat (JPN WII)

Was going to buy Soma Bringer for DS if they still had the special CD but they didn't so I'll wait and get it in Akiba in a week or two. Bought this instead.

SIMPLE and cheap. 2640yen it cost me.

Third-person (Resi 4-style) shooter, but with the violence taken out of it. It plays well enough, the visuals are very relaxing, the controls are fine, up to 6 people on Wifi or 4 in real-life, but it's just lacking something. It could be that your character doesn't run, but seems to skip around the three arenas. Three! More variety would have been nice. The weapons...they've had the kick removed and have been spray-painted a variety of neon colours to completely distance them from any kind of real gun. And they go "pop" rather than "bang".

There is a mission mode which I haven't played yet as I spent my time on the battle mode.

I can say this for certain, it does exactly what it says on the tin. It is the kind of game I would happily let my kids play / play with my kids at any age.
    Need to have some kids now...

Overall:
    Cheap and cheerful but don't expect anything even remotely deep or overly satisfying.

More if my opinion changes, though it probably won't.
Working...
X