Milestone Shooting Collection Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milestone Shooting Collection Wii

Just got this yesterday, not really had too much time on it because of Mario Kart but thought I'd leave a few early impressions.

The game consists of Karous, Radirgy and Chaos Field, the thing is only Karous is available at the start, the other 2 are greyed out so I'm assuming your either going to have to complete Karous or play for a set amount of time.

The screen options are actually on the main menu where you select between Karous, Radirgy and Chaos Field, not in the actual games, theres just tate and yoko, no options for different screen sizes.

I won't go on about the gameplay as theres already reviews been done for all 3 but from just playing Karous graphically everythings just as it was on the Dreamcast same music, title screen etc so I wouldn't expect anything to be different for the other 2 either. Milestone have at least fixed the ability to save your high scores this time though so hopefully the same can be said for Chaos Field when I unlock it.

I've only played it using the classic controller and can't really see me using any other method, I have heard that you can swing the remote for your sword though, can't really see that working too well for a shooter though as it seems a bit distracting.

I picked this up for about £22 and although I own all 3 on the Dreamcast it's not a bad price for them all on a single disc. Not taking the VC console into consideration, definitely the best shooters on the system so far.

Is this coming top Pal land do you know?

Comment

03 entertainment published Chaos Field for the GC in the US and they planned to released Radirgy too (under the full name of Radio Allergy); Radirgy however was quickly forgotten and during the first months of the Wii there was a rumor that it would have been published as a "Wii compatible game" (read on Joystiq, they also had a small cover image, IIRC) but then again, everything fell apart.
      Now with this collection as a "proper" Wii title, the Wii being popular and all and other small publishers importing similar products (Heavenly Guardian, which should come out for the US Wii too), maybe there's a chance that it will get a western release.

Comment

I did read that this was on indefinate hold at the minute as far as a US release is concerned, there wasn't enough preorders or interest to make it worth releasing.

Comment

If I could register my interest for a Pal version I would, I missed all three fo these games for some reason and picking up the "old" versions means a lot of old consoles need to be unpacked.

Maybe someone who cares is reading this??

Comment

there wasn't enough preorders or interest to make it worth releasing.
            I have my preorder for Radirgy GC pending on VG+ since 2006...probably I'm the only one ;__;

Maybe someone who cares is reading this??
            Dropping a line to 03 would be the best thing to do.

Comment

Thought I'd read it had been cancelled. I had an order in too.

Comment

does this work with Freeloader on a pal system?

Comment

So thats what that was, I saw the name online. If this works with the free loader I am in

Comment

i have to say i always thought chaos field was really underated i really liked it

Comment

Working...
                    X