Okami (Wii)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
    Much like Resi 4 needs to be played on Cube, Okami should be played on PS2. Ports are rarely superior to the original.
    I thought the Wii release of RE4 was the definitive version?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
      I thought the Wii release of RE4 was the definitive version?
      Not for me it isn't. YMMV!

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
        Not for me it isn't. YMMV!
        What's that then?

Comment

Sorry - Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

I adore this, I started playing this 3 or 4 days ago and didn't like it all that much but I gave it a bit of time and it has completley won me over.

I love just going around and turning the rotten areas lovely again, it's magical. Things I'm not liking are; The controls for painting are rubbish (I've never tried the PS2 version) but you would have thought this would be ideally suited to the Wii, what with the pointer and all but it gets really frustrating when it doesn't recognise for the 20th time what symbol you are trying to draw (A Straight Line FFS! )

The first time I battled
            is mind nummingly boring you just rinse and repeat your attack over and over again, it's not a particularly hard battle but it's just so repetitive and seems to take forever.

The picture seems squashed and very blurry, I'm playing on a 26' HD TV at 480p.

Those little things bug the crap out of me but I'm still enjoying it very much.
            Last edited by Miguel007; 01-01-2009, 00:10.

Comment

Dude, you tried holding Z when trying to draw straight lines?

I had no problems with using the Celestial Brush once I had practiced drawing each symbol a few times, in fact the only beef I had was doing the dodge manoeuvre in the correct direction.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                Dude, you tried holding Z when trying to draw straight lines?

I had no problems with using the Celestial Brush once I had practiced drawing each symbol a few times, in fact the only beef I had was doing the dodge manoeuvre in the correct direction.
                Doh! - I never knew that. Some of the cutscenes where you had to slash multiple things and if you missed one you would go right back to the start again were driving me up the wall.

Thanks for that.

Comment

Just do it fast, don't be slow when you do it. I tend to do quick swipes, works every time.

Comment

Working...
                  X