GTA IV - 360 & Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
    Can you imagine doing it without a guide and having one single bird to find?!?
    You gave me war flashbacks to trying to find my 500th agility orb in Crackdown. Took bloody hours and in the end it was right around the corner from where you first start the game.

Only these aren't glowing bright green on top of tall buildings

Comment

Hehe I was the same with Crackdown, didn't use a guide and was stuck on 498 for ages, then found the last 2 right next to each other within about 30 feet!

Comment

I probably won't be aiming for 100%, that's why I won't bother with a guide (Although if I get close to the 200 pigeons don't be surprised if I change my mind on that one! ). With the story out of the way I'll just play it occasionally as it's intended - as a sandbox game, do whatever the hell I feel like doing.

Comment

Lurched the helicopter forward on the beach and took out three tramps with one hit. Not sure how far they flew but they were lost at sea and beyond my view. Want to try getting some tramps over the pier now.

Tramp flicking. It's fun, it's naughty, you can do it with your pants off. Wicked cool.

Comment

The trouble with going for any remaining pigeons with the guide would be having to remember which ones you already found. I'd found a few but made a point of not finding any more so that the guide would be less frustrating. It would be a real paim investigating loads of empty locations.

Comment

I'd use a guide or not bother at all with the pigeons. There's no reward for a certain amount (like San Andreas if memory serves me correctly) only an achievement for all 200 of the blasted things.

I found using a helicopter to get around speeded things up but every time I had to get a new chopper from the Helitours site, I'd always take time out to push the same guy from the ground crew into the water. Every time.

Anybody else found themselves doing something like this?!

No. 45 - I'd try and do as much stuff before completing the story because despite your best intentions, you won't be motivated to do them after!

Comment

i have to kill the preacher outside the 2nd safe house, bullet between the eyes every time, even though I know he re-spawns he has to go.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  No. 45 - I'd try and do as much stuff before completing the story because despite your best intentions, you won't be motivated to do them after!
                  Too late!

It'll be a proper casual approach now anyway, I'm sure I have plenty of time before another GTA game comes along.

Comment

Got this today. Really liking it. Not done too much of it, I've just

stolen the first car for Vlad

but I've got about two or three hours of play on it so far.

^_^

Comment

I'm still near the start of the game but I accidentally skipped the cut scene after those guys captured me and Roman after

I killed Vlad.

Can anyone tell me what happened in that scene? Long shot I know but I'm not really sure what's going on now!

Comment

@Distant Cousin:

After you're captured, you are tied up and Faustin kills the guy who caught you because you're making too much noise. He then sends you on a mission. In return for your help, he will release you and Niko.

Comment

Ah awesome, thanks!

Comment

I picked this up on the weekend and have to say I'm not enjoying it as I did earlier installments. I really can't put my finger on it. Visually it's stunning, there are clearly new ideas implemented, but it's just not grabbing me as 3 and Vice City did. That said, I fired it up 12 and have played it for 7 hours straight, but I think that was because I've been waiting for something to happen which will me in. Nothing has so far.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Comment

My boat got stuck.

Comment

Nice parking, Rossco - are you a woman? Ooooh snyap!

I was struggling with one of the Wanted missions (about 5th on the 3rd island). Two trucks of douchebags kept getting the better of me either outrunning me, one of them getting me or me getting ventilated.

Change of tactics - flew to get an RPG then tried again.

The quarterback is toast!

heh heh heh...

Comment

Working...
                                X