GTA IV - 360 & Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul View Post
    Cheers mate. Is that the same with the Vigilante missions and so forth? I guess my point is I'd still like to invest more time in the game as it's a great environment just to mess around in and savour. If there is some extra incentive such as achievements then that will more than likely keep me into it.
    to be honest i'm sure it is, i remember blocks completed jumping by 2% and 10% everytime something was completed

2% was all the smaller things and 10% was stunt jumps and flying rats

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
      to be honest i'm sure it is, i remember blocks completed jumping by 2% and 10% everytime something was completed

2% was all the smaller things and 10% was stunt jumps and flying rats
      Thank you very much!

Comment

i seem to be getting getting random freezes every hour or so. wasn't the freeze issue supposed to be fixed already?

someone please tell me why there seems to be only one spot in the entire city where i can replenish health!? why can't i just walk in a pizza shop along the way?

the controls are still sluggish and slow, especially melee combat. auto targeting doesn't work for me too.

also, was this game developed to be played only in combination with a game guide? the mission briefings are just poor, and reveal crucial information mostly only during the mission progress, if at all.

after all, i still wonder what the heck is it that people like so much about the game?

Comment

The last couple of days I've had a go at some achievements. Namely: Rolled Over and the one where you blow up 10 vehicles in 10 seconds. I think they're pretty stupid and certainly not much fun. I can spend a good few hours just working out where the best spot for such an achievement might be! I think this is a complete waste of time. I'd like to be able to 'achieve' something in a reasonable time-frame; two hours of research is just ridiculous.

I guess this just shows how much some people are prepared to sink into gaming.

Comment

That's why they're called Achievements. Because you have to actually achieve them. Unless it's King Kong.

Comment

I can understand when you're gradually working your way toward your goal - improving your skill - but in the context of GTA where there are so many different cars and potential locations, it just amounts to tedious trial and error. Achieving something you arguably are, but the obstacles in your path seem to me to be too great, and it's certainly no fun to do.

This is all from the perspective of someone that plays games for escapism and enjoyment. I just find it increasingly annoying when I sit down to play a game for an hour, pick something that I think will be fun to do and then, an hour later, discover it was a complete waste of time.
              Last edited by egparadigm; 22-03-2009, 21:31.

Comment

Finally got rnd to completing this the other day after owning GTA III, Vice City and GTA IV this is the first one I have finished. Some missions were awesome although some were just dam annoying. I think it is a brilliant game don`T get me wrong and had fun along the way, but I thought it was far too long and the main story should be made shorter with extra reward for those who want to play more than just completing the main game.

Another point, the last mission I had to attempt about 10 times this was not fun! And although I know it was the last mission there is a thin line between enjoyment and pure frustration and it went past that line about the 5th time of trying, especially the final part which I won`t go into as to not spoil it. I`m sure a few people share my view of: Amazing game but too longer main story + some missions seem redundant.

One last thing I read about some A.I problems a few pages back 156 I think I found this annoying too, as well as the wall sticking. Roman falling off a ledge near the end of a mission nearly had me hurling the pad like a boomerang and it takes a lot for me to get that feeling. I do realise this is a massive game though and compared to the A.I on the likes of Gran Turismo and Winning Eleven mostly it`s not that bad, as well as the soon to come experiences of Sheva on Biohazard 5 .
                Last edited by JU!; 25-03-2009, 14:48.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                  I thought it was far too long and the main story should be made shorter with extra reward for those who want to play more than just completing the main game.
                  Absolutely, although I think this is a problem that has plagued the series since at least VC (if not III); SA and IV are the worst offenders. This is one reason why TLAD is great - short and to the point.

Roman falling off a ledge near the end of a mission...
                  Ach. That happened to me.

Comment

I just bought this as it was at a reduced price. Is there any updates that have been released?

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                      I just bought this as it was at a reduced price. Is there any updates that have been released?
                      Don`t think so mate, but if you have the 360 vers you can get the expansion.

Comment

I think they released a 360 patch at the same time as the Lost & Damned DLC.

Comment

I really should get back to this, but Fallout 3 is jus SO addictive and MA-HOOSIVE!

Id say im about two 3rds of the way through GTA 4, but if my relationships dip with my 'friends' does it affect me much? Cos i can't be bothered chauffering like 6 different peeps inetween missions jus to show them i still wubz them..........

Comment

Not really, although some of them give you nice perks. I just ignored everyone as I got deeper into the game so that I could get through the storyline as quickly as possible - just remember that occasionally the calls you get will relate to the main quest (I ignored everything and couldn't advance in the main storyline until I'd spoken to one of them).

Comment

Thanks Number45! Will see if i can get back into it after being away for about a year now.......... But ain't you supposed to be banned?

Comment

We'll find out on Monday!

Comment

Working...
                                X