No announcement yet.

GTA IV - 360 & Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah you're right, like the bank job mission going through the streets, tons of space and it does work well.

I found that shooting the doors in those tight inside missions helps though, one pop with the trigger and the door usually flies open and stays open allowing you to still use cover properly!

I'm really enoying this again anyway, played it for a good amount of time over the last few days. Think I'm up to 70 missions so still a bit to go!

Comment

Good to hear you're having fun Rossco! I totally agree about camera/replay mode. DLC please!

I have done 55 missions, and it says "42%" after 30 hours.

How many missions are there?

Comment

Think I remember reading 90 missions before, I'm 33 hours and 52%.

So plenty to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
          Think I remember reading 90 missions before, I'm 33 hours and 52%.

So plenty to go!
          Cool!

It's a very rare game that can have such difficulty spikes and still keep my interest. I'm glad that I can take a time out and do other missions!

I did the

bank job

first time, but found chasing

the train

a real pain!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
            I found that shooting the doors in those tight inside missions helps though, one pop with the trigger and the door usually flies open and stays open allowing you to still use cover properly!
            That's how I approach it.

I tend to use the shotgun for close quarters / corridor combat, switching to the rifles if I need some distance shots.

My tactic is to face a door square on and then blast it. Should give you enough a view inside the room and then allow you to get to cover.

Last two days with this have been pretty fun, if a little surreal. After choosing to kill

Francis McCreary

I've now spent my time running around

taking out criminals in the Police car side missions

, almost like I'm compensating for it

Running around in a ski-mask is proper vigilante stuff.

Makes me hungry for a free-roaming Batman game.

Comment

I've been shooting the doors open like you Rossco, it works quite well if you stand a back a bit and just take your time picking them off. The odd time I still run in to a room like Leeroy Jenkins I never last long but it's good fun.

Comment

Check these two swish parking spaces!

I found a sweet Sentinal as souped up which I hadn't seen in over 30 hours play! Looks awesome.

Comment

That Sentinel does look nice - haven't seen any special editions like that (or the Sultan RS), so think I need to start travelling on foot a bit more!

Comment

Those Sentinels seem to hang around the Italian mobster area of the third Island. Usually in black. Actually, I think I've only ever seen them in black. Kind of nice as they are the same as the ones in GTA3 that were around a similar area, though on the first island.

I found the Sultan RS by accident and I've heard since that, unless you have one (in which case they spawn everywhere), there's only one place to find one.

Comment

Yeh they only come in black, I think it's actually a really really dark deep green but close enough to black. And I have since seen them being driven by the Mafia people you encounter later on.

But I put that through the paint shop like 15 times until it came out white as I knew it would look cool!

Sultan RS can only be found in the one place, although once driving it you will come across them like any other car.

Comment

I had to replay the game to get the Liberty City Minute Achievement and finished in under 19 hours. Started on Sunday morning and finished Monday evening!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Are there any silent weapons? I did the strip club mission yesterday and got through it but it was a bit of a bloodbath. I was left wondering if there was a more subtle way of getting through it?
                          I'm struggling to do that mission - I can't seem to kill more than one without dying myself - so I'm unable to progress the game at all. This happened with all the other GTA games I've played too, so I shouldn't be too surprised :/

Comment

I did this:

Go into the club (Unarmed) and get the marker for the guy in the office. Go into the office and take him out with a baseball bat - this won't alert anyone (Unequip any weapons again). Then to to the guy (Javier! Love that conversation: "No bitch is gonna call me bitch, bitch! ) at the back left of the club and hit him fast from close range (Shotgun preferably). Then I ran, ignoring everyone that was shooting at me, to the back of the club and took down anyone that got in my way. As soon as you nail the third guy the mission completes.

I only had a sliver of health left when I completed it (And it took a few attempts), but it's easier than chasing one of them down, with potentially a wanted level of three, which is a pain in the arse to shake at the best of times.

Comment

I had trouble with the strip club too until I

walked into the main club, fired a few shots to get the marker on the guys near the door, then ran back out of the club and round the back - the boss ran to his car and I threw a grenade at the car - kaboom, job done. There's a sportscar to use for a prospective chasedown on the road at the back of the club, jump in it to outrun any cops.

Last edited by MiaBocca; 29-05-2008, 09:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                                I had to replay the game to get the Liberty City Minute Achievement and finished in under 19 hours. Started on Sunday morning and finished Monday evening!
                                Did you just do the missions and ignore your friends?

Comment

Working...
                                X