HAZE (PSN Demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

downloaded and played this today,
    I felt like I was playing Far cry with a suit on, but not in a good way like crysis, as in a "been here, done this" way

ps- Am I the only one who wishes you could swap firing to R2 on PS3 games? absolutely hate R1 as the primary shooting/action button in games.

Comment

Not played this but I had to put another one for the Timesplitters is crap. sorry! Goldeneye is gaming nirvana but that series just sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post

ps- Am I the only one who wishes you could swap firing to R2 on PS3 games? absolutely hate R1 as the primary shooting/action button in games.
        For me, I have to have R1 on those pads as the primary fire button. The triggers are too easy to hit by accident and just feel a bit poo. I try to map all FPS games on PS3 to the CoD4 default layout (PS3) which feel prefect to me and obviously the preferred layout to IF (Primary fire R1, Zoom (hold) L1 - this is what I set Haze to as well).

I can understand why people would think the triggers (R2/L2) would be more realistic as gun fire triggers, but for some reason they feel a bit off.

Comment

I think on the PS3 it is down to the fact the pad was designed to be used with all 4 collar buttons covered with a finger, unfortunately since they shoehorned in those horrid triggers it throws off the traditional FPS control scheme a little.

I find I have a similar problem with GTA on the 360, you use the triggers to accelerate and brake, but then if you want to fire you need to use the Left Bumper, which means you need to reshuffle your fingers around.

Comment

I played the single player USA demo, frankly it is average FPS of a few years ago. And the voises are annoying as hell.

This might be a renter, but I doubt it. As for the use of the stupid drug... well enough said.

Comment

As of others have mentioned, I too got a crazy sense of de-ja vu while playing this. It seriously did absolutely nothing for me - which is unfortunately what I was expecting. If anything, I found it harder to do anything when I was using Nectar?!?

Comment

You can spot the enemies a mile off when using nectar, so you can zoom in and pick the enemies off..you could do this in the demo as it never really got hectic.

Enemies = Rebels.

Comment

I downloaded the demo but haven't played it yet (Though I intend to pick up the game anyway) - do you get the chance to play as the rebels in the demo, or is it Mantel soldiers only?

Comment

Just the Mantel Soldiers, it's a very short demo

Comment

OK, cheers. Seemed like that was the case, but a lot of the criticism I've read seems to suggest the game will improve in certain ways once the 'twist' (Whatever happened to the times that you found those out while playing the game, rather then months before release?) happens.

Comment

They've already ahown the twist in one of the videos they've shown :P Tis quite cool

Comment

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. A lot of games recently seem to have a fairly interesting plot twist (Thinking of this, Assassin's Creed and Quake 4) which would have far more impact if you found out about them while playing the game. Too much is revealed of games at the moment.

Comment

So you are, I misread your post. I agree, Assasin's Creed's twist was relatively well hidden from the majority of people though, I think the same will be the case with this. Obviously if you follow the game very closely you are going to exposed to spoilers, which is exactly why I'm ignoring all the MGS4 trailers.

Comment

Yeah, I've been doing that for a fair while now (Almost complete blackout on GTA4 (In fact I still have no idea what's involved in the multiplayer) and total on MGS4 (But then I have to complete 2 and 3 before that anyway)), but I didn't manage to avoid it on either this or AC.

I just don't see much reason to put them out there at all unless they feel it's a needed selling point/it will potentially broaden the appeal.

Comment

Anyone else find that your AI Mantel buddies keep running in front of your fire? I took out one of my AI teammates as soon as we reached the bottom of the hill on first open-ish bit of the map. Happened a few more times near the end when you reach your downed ship. Seems to happen in sniper more.

Where does the Pilot dissappear too after he dies? Which is also a terrible scene.

The demo has totally turned me off to this.

P.S. I'm playing this on a HD projector at 110inches and it looks woeful. Textures like 1st gen xbox1. Only the faces have any high level of detail, but the shading etc takes away from it.

Comment

Working...
                                X