No announcement yet.

Valkyria Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tips. In the end it wasn't that hard really. Edelweiss' mortar seemed to do pretty good damage and also used two Shocktroopers to run near Maximilian and put his head full of lead. Gallia saved and everyone lived through the war.

Comment

Not everyone

Comment

Aeris!!!

Comment

It's
          in this game.

Comment

I was digging through my loot cupboard last night and came across this - two hours later I put down the controller and wondered why. Why is there not a proper sequel to this...

Really, if you have not already played this, get a copy.

Comment

Fan translation for VC3 is in the works:

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                Fan translation for VC3 is in the works:
                http://vc3translationproject.wordpress.com/
                Just ordered VC3 Extra Edition, hopefully it will be better than the second game. Can't say I care about fan translations these days as 98% of them are just ****. This one looks to have disjointed english as so many fan translations do, which is a shame as really good translations can get you a job in the industry.

First game on the PS3 is the best RPG this gen by a mile, just a shame the stories looses it way at the very end, still if you own a PS3 you must own this game.

Comment

Mhmmm, I remember adding a couple of posts when the Remaster for the PS4 came out, but it was probably lost in the Great Forum Deletion of awhile back...anyway, VC1 Remaster is out for the Switch and, why not, I'm giving it another go.
                  This time I've decided to complete Behind Her Blue Flame first. BHBF is a small extra episode that was first available as DLC along a few extra missions. Why I've done this before starting the main game? Completing BHBF unlocks the Ruhm in the main game, an extremely powerful, precise, and long-ranged machine gun for Shocktroopers.

So, armed with this monster or a weapon I've started playing and...well, it's still VC, so it's good, but VC1 doesn't run as good as VC4. Here all textures have the same resolution and I think it has exactly the same post-processing (FSAA, depth of field) as the PS4 version, resulting in a slower framerate, apparently capped at 30, with frequent dips.

Replaying VC1 was also a kind of rude awakening from VC4, here units are much more fragile and the game is much stricter when it comes in giving A ranks; and even with the best rankings, EXP and money aren't as bountiful.

Comment

Working...
                  X