No announcement yet.

Dark Mist [PS3 Store]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought and downloading. Will post up some impressions later.

Comment

So is this another little gem for the PSN then?

Comment

I've really enjoyed it and I'm just about to go and have another go now.

Comment

I like this, I thought I would. I love the simple premise and the arcade style gameplay. Graphics are lush and I have no problems with using config A which is using buttons to shoot. I'm glad I bought this.

Comment

It's great isn't it!!

It's really different to most shooters out there and I just can't understand why so many reviews game marks at around 20% to 40%. It's so much fun and just a little different.

I'm waiting until people on her have got the add-on so that we go online together, hopefully it won't be too long and it'll be multi-region play too.

Comment

It is great John I didn't mention the sound which is so atmospheric. I love that not only you have 3 different special shots but you can use your special shot and normal shot and mix it up a bit.

The only reason I'm not playing it now (and i wont go all personal!) is there is a domestic problem.

Hoping to play this later or in the morning.

I'd honestly whole heartedly recommend this. Its fab.

Comment

I'm still holding out for official word of what's happening for an NA release.

Comment

Absolutely stunning game, really is. How it got such low scores is unjust.

It has very slight rpg elements which i didn't realise at first, shooting stuff isn't just for fun you know! they leave little moons and larger ones for larger enemies/bosses and they assign to a meter with whichever special you're using.

When using a special shot it recharges itself (very quick, around a second) but the moon shapes I mentioned, when the bar is full another circle appears and you can now fire your special twice and so fourth. Although i don't know if this maxes out as yet.

The bosses so far have been brilliant and the music is so tense and moody which is all orchestral. Its sweeping too like an aria, very beautiful.

The labyrinths themselves are so lush and it is really fun to play. As mentioned to clear the mist or shake off an enemy you shake the sixaxis, I'm sure its assigned to that menthod of control as its slightly more difficult to do than just use a button and I like that fact.

I should of started my post with this paragraph, but I'll end it with it instead. The whole idea of Dark mist and the little story it gives at the beginning is really nice, this is a gem of a game. I'm not going to rush it, but i dare say with a few more goes I'll have finished the main game.

Even when that happens, there is on-line stuff and it definitely is fun to play. Although a completely different title to calling all cars, like i do with I can see doing with this and that is going back time and time again.

This is indeed a gem. £4.99! i feel like I'm cheating the developers...can I make a donation to them anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                    It has very slight rpg elements which i didn't realise at first, shooting stuff isn't just for fun you know! they leave little moons and larger ones for larger enemies/bosses and they assign to a meter with whichever special you're using.

i didnt notice that.
                    i bet thats why i have so much trouble with the first boss. normally i dont use the specials that often, then when getting to that boss i get round to switching to my favourite big red arrow. i guess i'm leveling up the wide one and not using it.
                    looking forward to trying it again later now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                      i feel like I'm cheating the developers...can I make a donation to them anywhere!
                      Buy Folklore!

Comment

I've read so much about folklore..and it does indeed look a bit special. (watched footage too)

At the moment, I will get all games eventually but I'm looking at.
                        The world ends with you.
                        Folklore.
                        Super Mario RPG (SNES)
                        Okami Wii.

I'll get there Number45....

Comment

The special shot maxes out at 5.
                          I can get to the final boss quite easy every go

but i find him bloody nails!

For those who don't know...

Its 12 stages. They are split in sections of 4, each with there own theme and music and a break from the norm boss. Its very good.

This really is great, nice learning curb and does offer a challenge, although from start to finish you will probably find you beat a labyrinth in around 5 minutes.

It looks lovely and the music is great.

Looking forward to the expansion.

great stuff
                          Last edited by ShadowDancer; 29-05-2008, 02:27.

Comment

Does anyone know if this supports remote play?

Comment

bad news Number 45 theres no official word on a release and some people at SCEA say it aint coming out in the US but i have the Hong Kong edition plus expansion and its cheaper than UK store just make a Hong Kong account plus its all in english (and it accepts all credit cards) hit me up on my PS3 name MISTERBUBBLES if any of you fancy battle royal

Comment

picked this up as part of the price cut thing Sony are doing on the store at the moment, and i really enjoyed this right up until the last boss, he really is a cheap bastard and really spoils the speed run score based challenge of this game

I hadn't died up until this point and was hoping to post a good score. I must of spent an hour trying to work out the timing for him and just gave up in the end shame as i was really enjoying it.

I cant think of anything worse than playing a game for an hour and a half to just have your score cut down by a massive difficulty spike in a matter of seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X