No announcement yet.

Ninja Gaiden 2 demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i suspect I may be in the wrong thread but I preferred the Kung Fu Panda demo to both this and Devil May Cry.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
      i suspect I may be in the wrong thread but I preferred the Kung Fu Panda demo to both this and Devil May Cry.
      if thats what rocks you're boat then its all good every man or women to them selves

Comment

Originally posted by Mephistopheles View Post
        If that's what you want to do then stick to DMC and GodHand. Combos in NG are simply a bonus -- they are NOT the highlight. In fact an advanced player will rarely do many combos, instead he will rely primarily on Ultimate Techniques (especially on-landing UTs). This is how the scoring system works also.
        Ultimate Techniques, advanced!? Although I'm sure people that you consider advanced, primarily rely on UT's, you don't have to be an advanced player to repeatedly spam on-landing UT's at all man, it's a very simple technique which I'd consider very basic but nonetheless important. There's nothing advanced about auto combos.

I totally agree with Jassi Singh and find NG too rigid and far less free form then the DMC series. The level of control you get with Dante is so much more advanced it's ridiculous. You can't help expect this quality from any action game you play thereafter.

I can't even enjoy the NG series now having loved NG and NG black. DMC3 was the bench mark in character control as far as I'm concerned, and that's not even considering how pure class DMC's character design, depth and overall style has.

Comment

Originally posted by Canton Province View Post
          Ultimate Techniques, advanced!? Although I'm sure people that you consider advanced, primarily rely on UT's, you don't have to be an advanced player to repeatedly spam on-landing UT's at all man, it's a very simple technique which I'd consider very basic but nonetheless important. There's nothing advanced about auto combos.
          You misunderstand. Pulling off a UT is not hard. It's a piece of piss. But knowing when to pull it off to maximise your Karma score is very difficult. If you spam UTs you will not get a top 10 score on the leaderboards. Watch Karma run videos to see what I mean, especially on Very Hard or Master Ninja modes.

Again I will reiterate that NG is most emphatically not a combo game like DMC. If you're expecting a freeform combo game NG will not deliver. DMC is unrivalled in that respect. But NG is far superior in terms of enemy AI, speed and fluidity. The game you prefer depends on what aspects matter to you most. I'm lucky to enjoy both games for what they are. I got all the achievements in DMC4 and I expect to do the same in this game. I love both franchises to death, more than any other but for different reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Canton Province View Post

I totally agree with Jassi Singh and find NG too rigid and far less free form then the DMC series. The level of control you get with Dante is so much more advanced it's ridiculous. You can't help expect this quality from any action game you play thereafter.

I can't even enjoy the NG series now having loved NG and NG black. DMC3 was the bench mark in character control as far as I'm concerned, and that's not even considering how pure class DMC's character design, depth and overall style has.
            perhaps you think DMC allows for more showboating but ultimately its pointless when the enemies are so dumb and there for you to punish. A lot of NG2 game play is about evasion - how you move around, how you reduce the chance of getting hurt, how you deal with the group of enemies you are up against. One on one is only one aspect of the game the same is not true for DMC. Plus the combo system DMC usually results in working out the most powerful combination - repeat and rinse this is what I mean by pointless. The focused attacks and evasion emphasis in NG2 forces the player to consider their tactics and strategies on the fly depending on the situation every second, thinking on your feet that is the beauty of this game and again DMC lacks this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mephistopheles View Post
              You misunderstand. Pulling off a UT is not hard. It's a piece of piss. But knowing when to pull it off to maximise your Karma score is very difficult. If you spam UTs you will not get a top 10 score on the leaderboards. Watch Karma run videos to see what I mean, especially on Very Hard or Master Ninja modes.

Again I will reiterate that NG is most emphatically not a combo game like DMC. If you're expecting a freeform combo game NG will not deliver. DMC is unrivalled in that respect. But NG is far superior in terms of enemy AI, speed and fluidity. The game you prefer depends on what aspects matter to you most. I'm lucky to enjoy both games for what they are. I got all the achievements in DMC4 and I expect to do the same in this game. I love both franchises to death, more than any other but for different reasons.
              I totally undertand the Karma system and I know what you mean, however, I don't play action games to top a leaderboard generally speaking, although I will aim to play to an expert level if the game has depth and an enjoyable system that I personally would enjoy.

The only reason I quoted you was your assertion that advanced players rely on UT's, where I'd consider an advanced player to be utilise skills way above what is generally capable by a standard player. This would normally include extraordinary flair or style, no damage runs, originality etc.

Obviously this is only my estimation of what an expert player should be but, going by this estimation, just take a look at expert play vids for both the NG and DMC series. Most of the things I see from NG Black or Sigma are standard fare and not particually out of the ordinary, where as some DMC videos simply outstand me every time I watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by Morph View Post
                You need to play the demo more.. first of all these are green ninjas you are fighting in the demo that means they are the stupidest and weakest ninjas in the game but even then they can be quite aggressive and quite intelligent.
                You got that damn right. Was playing a bit of Sigma last night. Don't let those black spider ninjas get you in a corner, they will rape your arse to no end.

Going back to Sigma after playing the NG2 demo, it seriously has aged. I don't think i probably could ever go back after playing through Ninja Gaiden 2.

I love DMC4, heck even finished it on Dante Must Die. But at the end of the day the enemies don't really do anything to you, they are really just there for you to show off your skills. Playing Ninja Gaiden is a huge survival epic compared to DMC4 and i find NG more enjoyable because of it.
                Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 04-06-2008, 16:12.

Comment

I played the demo of Sigma again, and like you said Zero; I can't see myself playing this again. Even though i've only played the demo of NG2.

There's no decapatations, no blood gathers on the sword and no realistic finishing off moves. However I prefer the setting of the first level of Sigma to NG2's demo level.

As an addendum, it is just me, or do others wait after all enimies have been dispatched to see Ryu fling the blood off the sword?

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                    As an addendum, it is just me, or do others wait after all enimies have been dispatched to see Ryu fling the blood off the sword?
                    Nope your not the only one. I do the same myself, it just looks rediculously cool.

Comment

Those who pre-ordered from GAME should be getting some exclusive costume ****. Man these look SiCK!

Karas anyone?

Comment

Way too over-designed for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                          Way too over-designed for my liking.
                          Don't worry mate I'm sure they'll have a costume that is to your liking. apparently Itagaki will be at Tecmo until July 1 so hopefully he'll leave a few going away presents.

Comment

is this a comedy game as enemys hoping at you and still able to preform combos like it "twas a mere flesh wound" is mental

The funyest bit for me was when one of the one armed fools pinned me to the floor and i had to mash the buttons to get him off me how exacctley dose a one armed man pin you and hit you repeatedly

quite boring apart form that played it all before yawn

Comment

The continue-to-fight-despite-limless enimies aren't realistic, but certainly cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Morph View Post
                                Don't worry mate I'm sure they'll have a costume that is to your liking. apparently Itagaki will be at Tecmo until July 1 so hopefully he'll leave a few going away presents.
                                I think they look absolutly awesome, thanks for the screenshots. Luckily i preordered mine online with game!

Comment

Working...
                                X